Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 5:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gods plan is flawed as is the concept of god itself!
Gods plan is flawed as is the concept of god itself!
This thread is concerned specifically with the Christian concept of salvation and only the Christian god and his place in that plan. Before I begin I would like for you to think of one important attribute that is given to the Christian god as it is relevant to the subject at hand, namely: omniscience. According to CatholicReference.net Ominscience is defined as: God's knowledge of all things. Revelation discloses that the wisdom of God is without measure (Psalm 146:5). And the Church teaches that his knowledge is infinite.

In my opinion the first flaw in gods plan was endowing man with free will, because by doing so he is setting mankind up to fail and not be able to live up to his ridiculous standards of morality (this is not very wise on the part of an all-knowing god). The bible describes original sin Genesis 2:17 as being the result of the many calamities that mankind faces today and for all the rest of his days here in this life. Gods solution was to destroy mankind and start over with the one family he considered just among men (Noahs family). But this so called solution is flawed in that if what the bible teaches about sin being inherent in us is true, then he has failed to eradicate sin and it continues to plague mankind. I guess after realizing his mistake he instituted the system of blood sacrifices to atone for the sins of man by the sacrificing of animals who vicariously died in our place Exodus 29:36. But that did not work either Hebrews 10:4 so he sent his son Christ as the ultimate remedy and eternal fix for the sins of mankind John 3:16, and 1 John 1:7. But this redemption of sin was contingent upon your believing in Christ and his sacrifice on the cross.

So even the sacrifice of Christ was unsuccessful in eradicating man from the sins of Adam. Now keeping in mind what I said initially about God and omniscience, this in my view was very poor planning and hardly the work of such a supreme and perfect being that the bible claims god to be. The very idea of the existence of a god in the Christian sense makes no sense at all. All of the attributes of god are logically impossible and are outright self contradictory of one another. Gods plan was flawed and so is the idea and concept of the Christian god.

I would love to hear opinions from atheist and Christians alike, but please spare me the philosophical arguments of absurdity that lead to nothing more than more absurdities.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

RE: Gods plan is flawed as is the concept of god itself!
It always cracks me up when religious idiots want to talk about "God's plan". Yes! Everything that happens is part of "God's plan". A child gets cancer and it's somehow part of "God's plan!".

Well, let's assume they're right. If this is true, then when someone has a heart attack, it's part of "God's plan". In this case, aren't you thwarting "God's plan" if you take a heart attack victim to the hospital? Maybe "God" wants that person to die, and by getting medical care you've prevented that. You have gone against "God's plan'! You could even say that if your eyes are bad, it is because of "God''s plan". So, by wearing eyeglasses, aren't you thwarting this "plan"? Maybe there's some reason (a reason that, as mere stupid mortals, we couldn't POSSIBLY comprehend) that "God" gave you bad eyesight! By wearing glasses you are preventing his "plan" from going forward!

So, if you truly believe in "God's plan", you shouldn't ever go to a doctor or seek medical attention.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(February 23, 2010 at 1:12 pm)Thor Wrote: It always cracks me up when religious idiots want to talk about "God's plan". Yes! Everything that happens is part of "God's plan". A child gets cancer and it's somehow part of "God's plan!".

Well, let's assume they're right. If this is true, then when someone has a heart attack, it's part of "God's plan". In this case, aren't you thwarting "God's plan" if you take a heart attack victim to the hospital? Maybe "God" wants that person to die, and by getting medical care you've prevented that. You have gone against "God's plan'! You could even say that if your eyes are bad, it is because of "God''s plan". So, by wearing eyeglasses, aren't you thwarting this "plan"? Maybe there's some reason (a reason that, as mere stupid mortals, we couldn't POSSIBLY comprehend) that "God" gave you bad eyesight! By wearing glasses you are preventing his "plan" from going forward!

So, if you truly believe in "God's plan", you shouldn't ever go to a doctor or seek medical attention.

And that's why people lived to a ripe old age of 30 during the dark ages.
Lmao Thor! It is so true though. When I was a fundie everything was part of gods plan. If your child was born with a birth defect it happened because god wanted to glorify himself through that "special" child and teach you some lesson in life. Christians knock science but they have no problem enjoying the many comforts and fruits of the labor that science has brought us. In my opinion the biblical plan of salvation shows that when it comes to god being omniscient, that god in fact did not know shit.

According to the teachings of the O.T. gods plans were only for those of the 12 tribes of Israel and no one else. Then along comes Jesus and since they (Jews) rejected him he extended his plan of salvation to the rest of us. God is trying to save us from a place of torment and eternal damnation that he himself created. How moronic is that!! It shocks me to the core that in this day and age of learning and scientific expansion of knowledge that we still have people clinging to the false superstitions of the past.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(February 23, 2010 at 1:53 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Lmao Thor! It is so true though. When I was a fundie everything was part of gods plan. If your child was born with a birth defect it happened because god wanted to glorify himself through that "special" child and teach you some lesson in life. Christians knock science but they have no problem enjoying the many comforts and fruits of the labor that science has brought us. In my opinion the biblical plan of salvation shows that when it comes to god being omniscient, that god in fact did not know shit.

According to the teachings of the O.T. gods plans were only for those of the 12 tribes of Israel and no one else. Then along comes Jesus and since they (Jews) rejected him he extended his plan of salvation to the rest of us. God is trying to save us from a place of torment and eternal damnation that he himself created. How moronic is that!! It shocks me to the core that in this day and age of learning and scientific expansion of knowledge that we still have people clinging to the false superstitions of the past.

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
(February 23, 2010 at 2:16 pm)tavarish Wrote:
(February 23, 2010 at 1:53 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Lmao Thor! It is so true though. When I was a fundie everything was part of gods plan. If your child was born with a birth defect it happened because god wanted to glorify himself through that "special" child and teach you some lesson in life. Christians knock science but they have no problem enjoying the many comforts and fruits of the labor that science has brought us. In my opinion the biblical plan of salvation shows that when it comes to god being omniscient, that god in fact did not know shit.

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

Oil of Olay?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(February 23, 2010 at 1:48 pm)tavarish Wrote: And that's why people lived to a ripe old age of 30 during the dark ages.

It's interesting that "The Dark Ages" refers to a time when the church ruled the land, but the period when science and reason took hold is called "The Enlightenment".

Wonder why that is?Thinking

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(February 23, 2010 at 3:25 pm)Thor Wrote:
(February 23, 2010 at 1:48 pm)tavarish Wrote: And that's why people lived to a ripe old age of 30 during the dark ages.

It's interesting that "The Dark Ages" refers to a time when the church ruled the land, but the period when science and reason took hold is called "The Enlightenment".

Because god did it is an easy answer to any question that involves no research or understanding.

Religion leads to stagnation, it is the death enquiry the end of reason and as such is to be despised.
Cool Shades

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(February 23, 2010 at 3:29 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(February 23, 2010 at 3:25 pm)Thor Wrote:

Because god did it is an easy answer to any question that involves no research or understanding.

Religion leads to stagnation, it is the death enquiry the end of reason and as such is to be despised.
Cool Shades

[Image: god_did_it_button_design_1-p145203580008...sj_400.jpg]

[Image: 021-1.jpg]

[Image: class-dismissed.jpg]

[Image: 020-1.jpg]

[Image: id_bingo_card_2.jpg]

[Image: good-god-bad.jpg]
(February 23, 2010 at 1:53 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Lmao Thor! It is so true though. When I was a fundie everything was part of gods plan. If your child was born with a birth defect it happened because god wanted to glorify himself through that "special" child and teach you some lesson in life.

I've had many arguments with these brainwashed nabobs. I point out the horrific birth defects that afflict people as evidence that their deity (an all-loving, all-powerful, omniscient being) could not exist. They respond that these people are born that way because of "God's plan". I ask how could having a child born with some terrible birth defect be in some deity's "plan"? Typically, they'll tell me some heartwarming story of how they know someone who has a child with Down's Syndrome (or some such affliction) and that the family has learned many lessons as a result of living with this child. They then speculate that "perhaps that was God's plan". I'll then reply how horrible it is for this deity to afflict someone with a terrible malady in order to "teach someone a lesson". This is when they pull out the tripe about how we can't necessarily understand "God's" purpose all the time, but it will become clear eventually.

Pardon me while I vomit.
(February 23, 2010 at 3:29 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Because god did it is an easy answer to any question that involves no research or understanding.

Cool Shades

Can you imagine how far we would have advanced if everyone accepted the explanation that "God did it"?

What caused the smallpox epidemic?

God did it!

Why did the volcano erupt?

God did it!

Why did lightning strike my metal weathervane?

God did it!

Why did the storm hit?

God did it!

If we just accepted this lame explanation we wouldn't have antibiotics, weather forecasting or electricity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The concept of atonement Foxaèr 11 1551 November 26, 2022 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar Woah0 41 3267 August 27, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 21311 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5265 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2500 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 11050 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2050 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3679 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 63987 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Will God's plan destroy religion? solewatchman 31 7570 April 14, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Joods