Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 7:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about subscriptions
Question about subscriptions
Hello Staff or other knowledgeable beings,

The default behavior I like is to automatically subscribe to a thread I post to and get email notifications when someone posts to it. Is that possible? I ask because when I post there are options at the bottom of the page regarding subscriptions.
  • Do not subscribe to this thread
  • Subscribe without receiving any notification of new replies
  • Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies
  • Subscribe and receive PM notification of new replies

The second one is the default selected. Even if I have already posted to the thread. It seems that the new selection overwrites the previous one.

Is there a way to have “Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies” be the default selection? I didn't see anything in the Control Panel. I could have missed it.

Thank you,

SimpleCaveman
RE: Question about subscriptions
Go to "USER CP", then got to "Alerts". If you have questions after that post back.
(November 24, 2023 at 10:53 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Go to "USER CP", then got to "Alerts". If you have questions after that post back.

Thanks, Gawdzilla. Yes, all those alert settings are checked. Forgot to mention that. I guess my concern was that the options at the bottom would override those and since “without receiving any” was always selected, would that be the behavior for that thread.

Do you ever do anything with those options?
In your settings, do you have "receive e-mails" enabled?

(November 24, 2023 at 12:11 pm)SimpleCaveman Wrote:
(November 24, 2023 at 10:53 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Go to "USER CP", then got to "Alerts". If you have questions after that post back.

Thanks, Gawdzilla. Yes, all those alert settings are checked. Forgot to mention that. I guess my concern was that the options at the bottom would override those and since “without receiving any” was always selected, would that be the behavior for that thread.

Do you ever do anything with those options?

Been admin on a few sites, so I knew where the bread crumbs went. Forum owners can select individual options to allow/deny as they wish. They're usually helpful.
I use another solution. Never log off, check in everyday and open every active thread.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 24, 2023 at 12:58 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: In your settings, do you have "receive e-mails" enabled?

Yes, and I do get the emails where I have changed the option to "subscribe and receive". However, the ones where I forget, I don't. For example, I did not get an email for your post that I am replying to.
(November 24, 2023 at 1:56 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Been admin on a few sites, so I knew where the bread crumbs went. Forum owners can select individual options to allow/deny as they wish. They're usually helpful.

Thanks
(November 24, 2023 at 4:10 pm)brewer Wrote: I use another solution. Never log off, check in everyday and open every active thread.

Yes, good solution! If only I had that much time.

Pax et bonum
(November 24, 2023 at 5:00 pm)SimpleCaveman Wrote:
(November 24, 2023 at 12:58 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: In your settings, do you have "receive e-mails" enabled?

Yes, and I do get the emails where I have changed the option to "subscribe and receive". However, the ones where I forget, I don't. For example, I did not get an email for your post that I am replying to.

Right, just wanted to eliminate one possible issue.