Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating an account not working?
Creating an account not working?
Hello,

I told someone on Youtube to create an account here so that we can continue the conversation here.

He says:

they said I was a spammer and I couldn't register

I guess he tried to register a few days ago.
Is there that kind of ban?

I don't have other info about him. I don't know his email address.

Why would the system say that he is a spammer?

Reason to transfer to these forums:
Youtube is in a unusuable state.
I use to have long conversations and debates on the Youtube comment section (You know how politics and religion is).
Since ~2020, my posts get immediately deleted and other people have been reporting the same thing.
I have found some tricks to bypass the Youtube robots but it is tiresome and time consuming.

During COVID, when I explained why it is important to get vaccinated, it would delete my posts while letting conspiracy stuff posted by other people get through.

Sometimes, when I type 1 or 2 sentences, it gets through. If I type more, it immediately deletes.
Even when I talk about technology or science, certain words triggers the robots.
RE: Creating an account not working?
(April 11, 2024 at 4:18 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote: Hello,

I told someone on Youtube to create an account here so that we can continue the conversation here.

He says:

they said I was a spammer and I couldn't register

I guess he tried to register a few days ago.
Is there that kind of ban?

I don't have other info about him. I don't know his email address.

Why would the system say that he is a spammer?

Reason to transfer to these forums:
Youtube is in a unusuable state.
I use to have long conversations and debates on the Youtube comment section (You know how politics and religion is).
Since ~2020, my posts get immediately deleted and other people have been reporting the same thing.
I have found some tricks to bypass the Youtube robots but it is tiresome and time consuming.

During COVID, when I explained why it is important to get vaccinated, it would delete my posts while letting conspiracy stuff posted by other people get through.

Sometimes, when I type 1 or 2 sentences, it gets through. If I type more, it immediately deletes.
Even when I talk about technology or science, certain words triggers the robots.

Several reasons:

-If he put a link in his profile
-If tried to post massive amounts of text and/or images
-If he tried to post something with lots of font/coloured text.

The spam filter isn’t perfect. PM me the screen name he used here and I’ll look into it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Account. Delete zempo 3 1113 July 9, 2021 at 5:20 am
Last Post: no one
  Page 3 of "KKK in Norther Ireland?" thread not working Duty 9 1221 October 30, 2018 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Joining and creating groups Azu 28 3653 February 16, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Saving drafts isn't working for me emjay 4 1302 February 3, 2017 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: emjay
  URL tags not working properly Joods 27 3447 July 4, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Losty
  New Account Light of Truth 9 2084 June 1, 2016 at 2:25 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Unable to log in to my account Mermaid 42 6253 March 30, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Videos in posts not working Joods 8 3291 February 25, 2016 at 12:25 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Quote/Reply not working right in a thread Clueless Morgan 8 1962 August 31, 2015 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Post Button Not Working AFTT47 8 2721 August 21, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: AFTT47