Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 6:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Youtube delete posts?
Why does Youtube delete posts?
It has been like this for a couple of years now.
At first, it was clear that they were looking for certain words that I think they see as negative or sad, such as murder, kill, jewish, judaism.
Over time, it looked like they expanded to include more words such as virus, vaccine, things that are political.

Now, it seems to have gotten a lot more drastic where other youtube users tell me their posts have been deleted.
RE: Why does Youtube delete posts?
A simple Google search will give you plenty of answers.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 8, 2024 at 3:45 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote: It has been like this for a couple of years now.
At first, it was clear that they were looking for certain words that I think they see as negative or sad, such as murder, kill, jewish, judaism.
Over time, it looked like they expanded to include more words such as virus, vaccine, things that are political.

Now, it seems to have gotten a lot more drastic where other youtube users tell me their posts have been deleted.

Maybe you should take this up with YouTube.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 8, 2024 at 3:45 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote: It has been like this for a couple of years now.

Start inserting advertisers names/products (whether relevant or not{XBox}), see if your posts say.

https://advertisers.mediaradar.com/Top_Y...dvertisers
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Seems there should be a long drawn out mathematical equation for this.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Are we talking about videos, community posts, or comments? Because I'm sure there's different explanations for all three.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 8, 2024 at 6:46 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Are we talking about videos, community posts, or comments? Because I'm sure there's different explanations for all three.

I am talking about comments. I'm not sure what a community post is.

There are other people who make comments and sometimes I reply to them. They reply back to me.

It seems to be random. Sometimes a long comment of mine gets through and sometimes not.
If a long comment doesn't go through, I break the post into multiple parts.
I reply with 2 sentences at a time.

At one point, the other person was doing the same thing as me.
(May 8, 2024 at 6:11 pm)brewer Wrote:

Start inserting advertisers names/products (whether relevant or not{XBox}), see if your posts say.

https://advertisers.mediaradar.com/Top_Y...dvertisers

Interesting. It will take a few days to see how well this technique works.
(May 8, 2024 at 9:29 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote:
(May 8, 2024 at 6:46 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Are we talking about videos, community posts, or comments? Because I'm sure there's different explanations for all three.

I am talking about comments. I'm not sure what a community post is.

There are other people who make comments and sometimes I reply to them. They reply back to me.

It seems to be random. Sometimes a long comment of mine gets through and sometimes not.

So, are we sure this is something distinct from normal comment moderation?

Community Posts would be something like this where the channel in question has something to say, but doesn't want to make a video about it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 8, 2024 at 9:58 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(May 8, 2024 at 9:29 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote: I am talking about comments. I'm not sure what a community post is.

So, are we sure this is something distinct from normal comment moderation?

Community Posts would be something like this where the channel in question has something to say, but doesn't want to make a video about it.

Probably. Sometimes I post a comment on my own video as a test and it does not show up.
If certain words are present, such as jewish or judaism, it used to immediately delete them. This is probably because such words were naughty words.
If you reverse the word, it deletes them.
One solution is to insert a word in the middle of the naughty word. Example, let’s insert banana:
ju banana daism.

and the comment passes through.

Eventually, they seem to have expanded the naughty words list. For example, if I talk about a certain nVidia GPU, if I mention Dell, Microsoft, Pepsi, Coca-Cola in a single, since I have too many company names, the comment is probably evaluated as naughty.

The comments might show up for 3 s and then it is gone. I imagine the owner of the channel is not actively reading comments. It might be a popular channel with 10 or 100 comments made per minute.
With enough manipulation of my comment, it would pass through.

^^^^That was the past.
Currently, it is not clear to me what Youtube is doing, how they are evaluating a comment.
Sometimes, the comment disappears and 3 min later, it appears.

Sometimes, I write a long comment, 500+ words and it just passes through.
Other times, no matter how much I manipulate a comment, it doesn’t pass through.

================
Do you use Youtube? Does it let your comments pass through all the time?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why won't YouTube let me upload this video? FlatAssembler 21 2322 April 19, 2022 at 8:17 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  What's happening with Youtube? (or The Great YouTube outage of 2018) Rev. Rye 6 364 October 16, 2018 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Youtube and gmail... Help! Cyberman 9 1640 October 3, 2015 at 7:15 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Youtube Copyright Disaster! Angry Rant (beware F Bombs ahead) Gooders1002 11 3223 December 17, 2013 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Firefox 23, embedded flash (youtube) and https pocaracas 4 2259 August 8, 2013 at 11:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Why you shouldn't delete crappy photos you take with a digital camera. Tiberius 7 2485 December 21, 2010 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious