Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 1:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justifications of hell
Justifications of hell
So, recently, I asked on Chrtistianity StackExchange this question:
Quote:How do believers in hell respond to the argument "What finite crime deserves an infinite punishment?"?

Administrator Notice
Stack exchange copy/paste deleted.
  1. Spamming is not allowed. Spamming includes, but is not limited to:
    • Creating multiple threads with the same or similar thread subject in a short space of time.Repeatedly posting responses to existing threads that are unrelated to the current discussion(s) in the thread.
    • Repeatedly posting links, copy/pasted content, or scripture verses, unless they are relevant to the thread and have the member's own comments added to them.
    • Posting an abundance of content you've pre-written for purposes other than forum use (i.e. essays, blog posts, etc.)

RE: Justifications of hell
Crimes and their punishment are not gauged by the suffering of the victim. How would that work in practice?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 24, 2024 at 11:05 am)Angrboda Wrote: Crimes and their punishment are not gauged by the suffering of the victim.  How would that work in practice?

Well, I agree. Especially Christians should agree with that since it's the Christians who tend to support War on Drugs (and punishment of other victimless crimes), and not atheists.
(April 24, 2024 at 12:10 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(April 24, 2024 at 11:05 am)Angrboda Wrote: Crimes and their punishment are not gauged by the suffering of the victim.  How would that work in practice?

Well, I agree. Especially Christians should agree with that since it's the Christians who tend to support War on Drugs (and punishment of other victimless crimes), and not atheists.

Do you also agree that we have a rule about posting material you’ve written for other websites? Do you further agree that your repeated behaviour has got you on the razor’s edge of being permanently banned from this Forum?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
OP making his own version of AF hell?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11824 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda