Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 12:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the Quran support Theocracy?
Does the Quran support Theocracy?
   My first critic to this idea is a spiritual one. It is always easier to start criticizing other people instead of doing the spiritual work ourselves. If we do that on a local level we end up fooling ourselves and if we do that on larger scale we end up harming ourselves and others. Any spiritual practitioner will reaffirm this idea: The spiritual quest is an inner quest; the spiritual work is an inner work because the spiritual truth is an inner truth. Anyone who denies this fact is either deceiving you or is being self-deceived.

And the religious perspective on that is even more radical than that. See God’s reaction to idolatry (Go to 3:10):

The symbolic meaning here is very strong.

Conclusion:

The Quran talks about the integration of Political / economic / religious power in a rather negative manner (see my thread on “The Pharaoh”).

While Jesus too made this separation between divine and earthly power or kingdom. It was one of his disciple who said that:

“The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3”
(Book of Paulus; Romans 13/ 1-7)

And many Islamic “scholars” did not fail to follow suit, seeking for ways to integrate the will of their powerful and wealthy patrons with the teachings of the prophet Mohammad.

I do not agree with anything like this at all. Something that is irrational cannot be a spiritual truth. As Descartes said: “Reason is the signature of God”. The Quran ask perhaps more than dozen of time “don’t you use your reason? Don’t you ever cogitate on this?”.

So those who claim otherwise are deceivers or the “Friends of the Deceiver”. I could go deeper into this but this “Friend of the Deceiver” or “Preacher of the Deceiver” is also a major theme of the Quran.

The main idea here is: A spiritual path is a spiritual path. And politics is politics. It’s not like we don’t care about politics. In fact many of us do care a lot about politics. But there is no “divine rule” or “divine regime” or “divine regime” or anything like that. It doesn’t exist.

[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

RE: Does the Quran support Theocracy?
A religion is to theocracy as wet is to water.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Islamists aren't doing islam wrong Leo. You can come at this from any angle you want. Theocracy is baked into authoritarian faiths.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
“revelation” type religions would absolutely never come into being unless those who partookin their creation ejaculated at every thought of a theocracy in which they are either the theocrats or wield the power behind or around the theocrat.
The real question is "do the people support theocracy?" What book they appeal to is a niggle.

I don't understand why this is even a question.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's a question because Leo is in the process of retconning islam.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Does the Quran support Theocracy? What else do you think it supports if not theocracy? Democracy maybe?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
My approach is mostly based on the idea that humans are evolving and that they have to evolve and change (mutate) in order to survive.

So that’s the main idea here: evolution   Smile
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

You can hear Mo the Joe talking when he tells his creation story. He built the heavens with might, and he's certainly expanding it. Told the smoke to come out willingly or by force and the smoke surrendered.

Gangster shit, hooah!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9245 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20675 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1338 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4568 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2963 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49090 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12917 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 874 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 15323 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  [Quranic Reflection]: acttion against Macron's insult in the light of the Quran. WinterHold 56 7749 November 3, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate