Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 7:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SATANISM
SATANISM
Any other members of TST here on this forum? Are Satanism and Atheism basically the same? All non-theistic Satanists are Atheists, would anyone else here consider themself to be a Satanist then?
The vast majority of christians go apeshit if they see an inverted pentagram or crucifix on anything or anyone. I've got both of those covered, I'm a huge fan of black/death metal music and have worn a band/concert shirt everyday for 40+ years. This is no exaggeration, I've got an enormous collection of band, occult, Halloween, and horror shirts. Of course, they're all black. Right now, I probably have 150+ shirts.
I started collecting and wearing them after I went to my first concert in 1980, it was RUSH on their Permanent Waves tour. I still have the shirt from that show stored in a box in the garage.
I'm also heavily tattooed. I started getting tattooed over 20 years ago, all by the same artist. With the exception of the 3 memorial tattoos on my chest, everything else is occult, Satanic, heretical, or Halloween imagery.  I also have 2 band logos tattooed on one of my arms.
I've been retired for almost 8 years now(damn that went fast) and wore a concert shirt everyday while I was working. I was always a blue collar employee, so I always had a company shirt on top of it, so it was never an issue.

There are a small number of Satanists who actually believe that Satan is real and worship him like christians worship their imaginary god. There aren't any  written rules or instructions for how they should worship him, so in my opinion, they make it up as they go along. Most are harmless, while a very few can be dangerous or just plain stupid in their beliefs/practices.
I consider myself to be an Atheist/Satanist because it makes other people uncomfortable or uneasy whenever I'm out in public, unless I'm at a show. It has some advantages, no one ever fucks with me and/or my wife whenever we're out in public.
Of course my wife and kids dislike it, but they know that I'm the same person regardless of what I look like, so they've accepted it.
RE: SATANISM
[Image: praise-satan-satanic.gif]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Somebody start the stopwatch.
Satanists are just Rotarians with better gear.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don't understand why having tattoos and liking rock music seems to define you. I also don't see the connection with Satanism.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Satan is powerful. Satan's unending bag of evil tricks keeps you blind and distracted from the nefarious malevolence of ink and power chords.
Satan is every bit the imaginary concept as god(s). If it trips your trigger then you have my blessing. Hilarious

(sorry couldn't help myself)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 3, 2023 at 5:44 pm)MR. Macabre 666 Wrote: Any other members of TST here on this forum? Are Satanism and Atheism basically the same? All non-theistic Satanists are Atheists, would anyone else here consider themself to be a Satanist then?
The vast majority of christians go apeshit if they see an inverted pentagram or crucifix on anything or anyone. I've got both of those covered, I'm a huge fan of black/death metal music and have worn a band/concert shirt everyday for 40+ years. This is no exaggeration, I've got an enormous collection of band, occult, Halloween, and horror shirts. Of course, they're all black. Right now, I probably have 150+ shirts.
I started collecting and wearing them after I went to my first concert in 1980, it was RUSH on their Permanent Waves tour. I still have the shirt from that show stored in a box in the garage.
I'm also heavily tattooed. I started getting tattooed over 20 years ago, all by the same artist. With the exception of the 3 memorial tattoos on my chest, everything else is occult, Satanic, heretical, or Halloween imagery.  I also have 2 band logos tattooed on one of my arms.
I've been retired for almost 8 years now(damn that went fast) and wore a concert shirt everyday while I was working. I was always a blue collar employee, so I always had a company shirt on top of it, so it was never an issue.

There are a small number of Satanists who actually believe that Satan is real and worship him like christians worship their imaginary god. There aren't any  written rules or instructions for how they should worship him, so in my opinion, they make it up as they go along. Most are harmless, while a very few can be dangerous or just plain stupid in their beliefs/practices.
I consider myself to be an Atheist/Satanist because it makes other people uncomfortable or uneasy whenever I'm out in public, unless I'm at a show. It has some advantages, no one ever fucks with me and/or my wife whenever we're out in public.
Of course my wife and kids dislike it, but they know that I'm the same person regardless of what I look like, so they've accepted it.

I can understand the appeal of the aesthetics. It's a look that works best when you've got total commitment, as you do. 

Other than the looks, is there anything to Satanism (as it applies to you) that makes it different from non-Satanist atheists? Are there any values or lifestyle choices that go against the US mainstream? Like, I don't know, Communism or accelerationism or violent crime?
First.

Hello.

Second.

Popcorn
I like his beard, His cute reindeer and the fact he gives me gifts.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spiritual Satanism Sail Hatan 20 3837 September 14, 2015 at 3:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Satanism and Atheism Christian 47 6409 October 29, 2014 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Ben Davis