Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 6:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arguments for and against the existence of God?How ludicrous!
Arguments for and against the existence of God?How ludicrous!
It kills me to see so many so called intellectuals fighting for and against a belief in Gods existence.In the military we learned an acronym called kiss which basically meant "keep it simple stupid".I am not calling anyone stupid but I think that the more complicated you make matters the harder it is to come to a conclusion on where you stand on the issue.

God does not exist because he is, was, and always will be a creation of man.God is the ultimate answer when there is apparently no answer that can satisfy the human intellect due to lack of methods of investigation and a myriad of other reasons.The very idea of some form of intellect hovering over the universe is in and of itself ludicrous.

I suggest that anyone willing to put in the time and effort to thoroughly study this topic should read as much mythology as they can get their hands on.They will immediately notice the similarities in other religions of the world that in fact predated Judiesm and Christianity and Islam by in some cases thousands of years.All of these religions feed off of each others folk tales and myths and if you are able to see the pattern it's amazing to see how they pretty much stay the same.The only thing that changes are some very subtle details of the stories and the character names and places.

The argument against the belief in God does not come from mathematics or the sciences of the world,but from the fertile imagination of mankind.Man created all the Gods known to this world today and even now continues to create new ones with the passing of time.Religion is societal,cultural,and traditional.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

RE: Arguments for and against the existence of God?How ludicrous!
When you're right, you're right (my mother always said). I once read that there is about a 3% genetic difference between humans and monkeys. That 3% difference is you and me, sure. But it's also Bach, Mozart, Brubeck and Monk; it's Da Vinci, Carravagio and Constable; it's Aristotle, Newton and Einstein; it's Descartes, Wittgenstein, and Marx. But it's also Hitler, Milosovic and Stalin. Human beings are capable of creating absolute beauty, of thinking with absolute clarity and for imagining the impossible. Human beings are also capable of committing horrifying evil.

Given our race's propensity for these characteristics as encapsulated by that 3% difference -- beauty, clairty, imagination, and evil -- it would be absolutely impossible for God to have been created by anything but man.
God Calls Me God

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can God be objectively good despite criticism against Him/Her/It? Ahriman 80 7184 May 29, 2022 at 11:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4492 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 11448 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 1965 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm
  Why are you chasing the idea of the existence of a God? WinterHold 26 3352 August 7, 2018 at 2:05 pm
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 7182 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  So can god end his own existence? Vast Vision 53 14459 July 27, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  How do religious people react to their own arguments? Vast Vision 60 16759 July 9, 2017 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Stephen Fry and Christopher Hitchens against Catholicism Edwardo Piet 2 1154 May 14, 2017 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 23296 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic