Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to church can help you live longer?
Going to church can help you live longer?
According to this : http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06094/679237-51.stm

Even if this is true, I'm still not doing it when I have a choice. I'd rather die a bit earlier then be bored out of my mind every week.
Should this be in the News section? If so could somebody move it?
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
RE: Going to church can help you live longer?
(August 9, 2010 at 6:04 pm)Nitsuj Wrote: According to this : http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06094/679237-51.stm

Even if this is true, I'm still not doing it when I have a choice. I'd rather die a bit earlier then be bored out of my mind every week.

I'm sure going to a strip club will make you live longer than going to a church.

Though just living happily and with a minimum of stress will do that also.
Quote:According to this : http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06094/679237-51.stm

Lol. I doubt that.
(August 9, 2010 at 6:04 pm)Nitsuj Wrote: According to this : http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06094/679237-51.stm

Devil

Gets my vote!! :p
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
It occurs to me that Galapagos tortoises' also live for a long time.

Could this be a co-incidenceThinking

Though it could be true, most Sunday mornings will find me committing numerous high speed offences on my motorcycle.

Statistically I should live longer by attending church, unless boredom kills me instead.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
It wouldn't matter whether I go to church on Sunday or go to a Theme Park, if things are safe, then I'll live through that day.
Quote:Going to church can help you live longer

Balls. It will just feel that way listening to some self-important asshole drone on about shit he does not understand.

It's bollocks of course (as usual) but even if it was true, I'm pretty sure there are many other and less boring ways to live longer. Having sex is considered healthy, seeing as it is a great stress release. I'd rather hot steamy rooms with hot virgins over church any fucking day!

I'd think that going to church actually lowers your life span. Sitting on hard seats for ages while killing off brain cells by listening to endless bullshit to a wanker who knows nothing outside of his own thick skull.
I'd wager a lifetimes wages that going for a good long walk every sunday instead of going to church will benefit you far more.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Any time won in the church, would be wasted with surplus on the church
To me it sounds like the church itself may be behind this "news" article in a desperate attempt to gain more deluded church attendees. Why would sitting on your butt for an hour or so, bored out of your mind make you live longer? As Ace said, why not go for a walk instead? It's much more beneficial to your health and mind than sitting in a building listening to some preacher babbling about nonsense.

Thankfully the amount of people attending churches on a weekly basis keeps falling. More people are being able to see through the bullshit. Hence it wouldn't surprise me to see desperate religious institutions make up crap like "Going to church makes you live longer".

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 799 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 12929 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Homosexuality no longer a sin Foxaèr 155 20495 June 20, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Do I believe Atheists are going to hell? Mystic 292 42036 February 3, 2018 at 1:09 am
Last Post: haig
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4735 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I sorta feel like I didn't live up to my Dad's expecatations NuclearEnergy 22 2426 January 2, 2017 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Would you attack the Church if you could? Macoleco 108 14225 December 19, 2016 at 2:31 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 17 3893 November 29, 2016 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 18 4066 November 28, 2016 at 8:56 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Going to be brutally honest [Religion Edition] dyresand 3 1420 August 25, 2016 at 5:25 am
Last Post: LastPoet