Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hitchens on Gibson
Hitchens on Gibson
Christopher Hitchens Wrote:We live in a culture where the terms fascist and racist are thrown about, if anything, too easily and too frequently. Yet here is a man whose every word and deed is easily explicable once you know the single essential thing about him: He is a member of a fascist splinter group that believes it is the salvation of the Catholic Church.

This schismatic crackpot sect is headed by Mel Gibson's father, Hutton Gibson, a nutty autodidact with a sideline in Holocaust denial.
I have some of old man Gibson's books on my shelf, including his self-published classics Is the Pope Catholic? and The Enemy Is Still Here!, which essentially accuse the current papacy of doing the work of the Antichrist. My favorite sample of his prose style is the following: "Our 'civilization' tolerates open sodomy and condones murder of the unborn, but shrinks in horror from burning incorrigible heretics—essentially a charitable act."
The full article: Mel Gibson Isn't Just an Angry Narcissist

It seems Mel Gibson comes by his crazy honestly.
RE: Hitchens on Gibson
Sweet - another brand of crazy.
(July 19, 2010 at 2:51 pm)Synackaon Wrote: Sweet - another brand of crazy.

More like a variation on the same theme of crazy.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Crazy is as crazy does. I work at a mental health agency, so I see all kinds. And even if he does come by it honestly, that man still needs help. Seriously.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stephen Fry and Christopher Hitchens against Catholicism Edwardo Piet 2 1151 May 14, 2017 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hitchens '07: God is not Great Czechlervitz30 32 4831 August 2, 2016 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I'm Sure Gibson Will Make A Fortune Minimalist 24 3267 June 19, 2016 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Cato
  Christopher Hitchens R.I.P. Rokcet Scientist 31 10495 December 19, 2013 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Lion IRC
  Christopher Hitchens, Darrell Ray and the God Virus Michael Schubert 5 2520 July 9, 2013 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Michael Schubert
  Dawkins and Hitchens blamed for Connecticut Shooting. Deicide73 4 1792 January 5, 2013 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Deicide73
  Christopher Hitchens talks on Fox about Pope Scandal Eilonnwy 45 12601 April 9, 2010 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist