Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 2:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence.

Note that the ultimate responsibility lies with the victims, but that their parents, as their guardians, are the ones I blame and not the child victims.

I recently watched this disturbing movie and recognize that what it portrays fairly closely what is happenings in reality right now.

The silence and complicity of the religious are facilitating and colluding in the future assaults on children. Silence or the acceptance of a payoff, in my opinion, is direct collusion with these religious criminals and I see the past victims of these pedophiles as now helping their own assailants create new victims by their silence.

I appreciate that going public is hard, but if victims do not come forward, I see them as helping the priests and imams that are left free to abuse other children.

There are some who will read this and know that, in a real sense, victims or their parents are guilty of helping the pedophile problem continue.

I would urge these victims and their families to step up and do the right thing and return the payoffs and lay charges instead so that we can rid our churches and mosques of these predatory criminals.

Do you agree that silence is just as immoral as the initial crime when victims or their guardian/parents accept payoffs from religions to buy their silence?

Regards
DL 
RE: Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence.
I agree that taking hush money makes them complicit. They have essentially pimped out their kid for a large sum. I would also very much encourage more people to come forward and to stop taking these payouts.

This vile abuse has to stop, and clearly that action isn't going to come from the institutions themselves.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence.
(February 25, 2016 at 5:29 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Do you agree that silence is just as immoral as the initial crime when victims or their guardian/parents accept payoffs from religions to buy their silence?

Regards
DL 

Of course, the sale of their child's chance at having what little justice there is to be found is abhorrent.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Thanks guys.

Strange that in religious forums, I get, to me, the less moral position of focussing only on the victim with no consideration of the greater society.

Seems that religiosity makes people self-centered.

Regards
DL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6731 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  2000 Australia priests reject breaking seal of confession... SYZ 7 1693 September 23, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Create a new monotheistic religion instead of clinging to the past of Abraham Kaloomi 68 9519 June 18, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and couldn't help but laugh GODZILLA 28 5093 March 23, 2018 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Pedophile Priest Hits Close To Home Seraphina 64 11072 March 14, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The purpose of human life is probably to create "Artificial General Intelligence" uncool 45 9100 February 1, 2018 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  priests, parasites of society jebus 54 6820 October 23, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  For the Victims of the Afghan and Iraq Wars... raffaction 29 3309 August 24, 2016 at 6:00 am
Last Post: InsaneDane
  I am actually going to create my own religion ComradeMeow 21 5394 July 15, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
Question If you were to create your own religion.. TheMonster 26 8170 July 13, 2015 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Joods