Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 8:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you Agnostic?
Are you Agnostic?
It’s my opinion that most people are agnostic. Some who claim to be believers, and some who claim to be atheists, are actually agnostics. I was agnostic for many years. Some of those years I called myself a believer, and some of those years I would have called myself atheist. But I always had nagging questions that kept me from being able to say I know. So I think agnostic is the most honest place to be for most people. But i consider myself as a Atheist Agnostic.

What are you?
[Image: britishatheist.jpg]
RE: Are you Agnostic?
I'm an agnostic atheist. Agnosticism means I don't believe I or anyone else can hold absolute knowledge - the opposite being gnosticism - of God be it his existence or non-existence (or anything else besides God for that matter), and atheism means I don't believe in God, I don't believe he exists.

EvF
I'm too an agnostic atheist. Agnostic because I don't believe one can know either way that there is a god or not. I don't believe god can be proven or disproven. Atheist because there is no evidence to suggest that there is a god and so I lack belief in god's existance.
Agnostic Atheist.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
I'm an agnostic atheist; have been for years.
Quote:there is no evidence to suggest that there is a god and so I lack belief in god's existance.
what kind of evidance you are looking for???
(June 23, 2010 at 8:30 am)mo3taz3nbar Wrote:
Quote:there is no evidence to suggest that there is a god and so I lack belief in god's existance.
what kind of evidance you are looking for???

Something measurable, testable and repeatable that can help support the claim. Something that points to god and not any other imaginable character.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Quote:Something measurable, testable and repeatable that can help support the claim. Something that points to god
anything like that could be something that science didnt discovered yet(if you mean something else plz give me an example for it)
Quote:and not any other imaginable character.
anything that you dont see can be imaginable.what will make you sure that anything you didnt see is not imaginable?
(June 23, 2010 at 8:42 am)mo3taz3nbar Wrote:
Quote:Something measurable, testable and repeatable that can help support the claim. Something that points to god
anything like that could be something that science didnt discovered yet(if you mean something else plz give me an example for it)
Quote:and not any other imaginable character.
anything that you dont see can be imaginable.what will make you sure that anything you didnt see is not imaginable?

Quote:anything like that could be something that science didnt discovered yet(if you mean something else plz give me an example for it)
Can't really give any other examples. Don't know how one could prove the existance of something that leaves no evidence of it's existance.

Quote:anything that you dont see can be imaginable.what will make you sure that anything you didnt see is not imaginable?

There is no way to be 100% sure about anything. I work based on evidence. There is a cup'o tea infront of me (except the tea is no longer in the cup Smile ). Now I have two good reasons why I believe it's there. For one, I can see it. And two, I can touch it. Also both of these senses tell me the same thing, they both tell me it's characteristics with spot on accuracy. Now god, what is there to suggest that he/it/thing exists?

Quote:Can't really give any other examples. Don't know how one could prove the existance of something that leaves no evidence of it's existance.
for some people the world and the creation of everything is an evidence and also you can find the evidence by using logic and reasoning Smile
Quote:There is no way to be 100% sure about anything.
are you suspecting that i am a guy????
Quote:Now I have two good reasons why I believe it's there. For one, I can see it. And two, I can touch it.
thats not logic there is a lot of things you cant see it or touch it and you believe in it
Quote:what is there to suggest that he/it/thing exists?
the complication in any creation is an evidence but there is a lot of other proofs when using logic and reasoning(but this require a deep study in different religions)
i believe that if someone doesnt believe in the existance of god and he didnt search deeply in different religions nothing will ever make him believe even if he see or touch by himself he will always find an exit to any proofs he get(thats my opinion correct me if am wrong)
(June 23, 2010 at 9:15 am)mo3taz3nbar Wrote:
Quote:Can't really give any other examples. Don't know how one could prove the existance of something that leaves no evidence of it's existance.
for some people the world and the creation of everything is an evidence and also you can find the evidence by using logic and reasoning Smile
Quote:There is no way to be 100% sure about anything.
are you suspecting that i am a guy????
Quote:Now I have two good reasons why I believe it's there. For one, I can see it. And two, I can touch it.
thats not logic there is a lot of things you cant see it or touch it and you believe in it
Quote:what is there to suggest that he/it/thing exists?
the complication in any creation is an evidence but there is a lot of other proofs when using logic and reasoning(but this require a deep study in different religions)
i believe that if someone doesnt believe in the existance of god and he didnt search deeply in different religions nothing will ever make him believe even if he see or touch by himself he will always find an exit to any proofs he get(thats my opinion correct me if am wrong)
You're a woman?!?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A former agnostic, with doubts? Madness20 37 8716 September 17, 2014 at 2:52 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Agnostic Theists? rexbeccarox 16 6072 December 12, 2013 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Gnostic v. Agnostic CleanShavenJesus 10 4184 May 13, 2013 at 12:35 am
Last Post: Mystical