Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Religion got it right?
Which Religion got it right?
Important question:

Of all the religions, which got it right?
I’d place my bets that Islam would say they got it right, the Egyptians would say they got it right, the Mormons would say they got it right, the Christians would say they got it right.

Am I right?
"We need not a God; just another human being to give life a meaning. For people are truly all people have" author unknown

RE: Which Religion got it right?
None of them got it right, but then I'm not even sure if I've got it right.
Lack of belief though right? Agnostic and all....
Atheist*
"We need not a God; just another human being to give life a meaning. For people are truly all people have" author unknown

The one that bases all of its claims on evidence and willingly discards its beliefs when new evidence contradicts them is the one that got it 'right'; if by 'right', you mean, 'closest to the truth'.
According to my wife its spiritualism and all the others are just nonsence.

Sigh

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Braden took the words out of my mouth. No one's got it right.. I would also add that those that preach fear, hate and intolerance are working in the opposite direction of truth.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(June 15, 2010 at 2:26 pm)tackattack Wrote: I would also add that those that preach fear, hate and intolerance are working in the opposite direction of truth.

So truth is whatever warms the heart?

truth is what's provable, but the evidence should match the claim.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(June 15, 2010 at 2:52 pm)tackattack Wrote: truth is what's provable, but the evidence should match the claim.

agreed Wink

Whoever you are reading this... you got it right m'kay? Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which major religion will die first? FrustratedFool 8 983 April 25, 2024 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How to select which supernatural to believe? Fake Messiah 208 14095 November 26, 2022 at 1:30 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1637 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst Sammin 2 1182 October 6, 2018 at 10:09 am
Last Post: brewer
  I Got This Email And Figured It Was From Some Religitard Minimalist 6 1779 May 9, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "How God got started", how god belief + basic reason + writing -> modern humans? Whateverist 26 6777 October 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This really got to me Astonished 54 11309 January 29, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  What gives a religion the right to claim their fantasy is correct and the rest false? Casca 62 6616 November 20, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Which is more attractive? love or death? WinterHold 44 6512 October 23, 2016 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  So, this is something upon which I was reflecting Foxaèr 12 2689 June 2, 2016 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: KevinM1