Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 6:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logic vs. Facts...
Logic vs. Facts...
uhmm.,

i just want to ask a question...

coz my atheist friend said to me that its not only science that makes to be an atheist...

its philosophy(we all know that this is a branck of science no question out here.., ^^), logic, personal experience

i got confuse on the other two...^^

she gives me a couple of logic ann less facts...,

and one other question...

in some ways., personal experiences may oppose some facts of science.., it depends on how a person interprets it or feel with it right? how was that??

im just asking.., ^^

no offense
RE: Logic vs. Facts...
What are you trying to ask? I don't understand.
(June 1, 2010 at 9:39 pm)aufis Wrote: uhmm.,

i just want to ask a question...

coz my atheist friend said to me that its not only science that makes to be an atheist...

Science has nothing to do with a things status as an atheist...

Quote:its philosophy(we all know that this is a branck of science no question out here.., ^^), logic, personal experience

I question your considering philosophy to be a science. As far as I am aware: it isn't (at least not in some senses... though under some definitions it is. Are you using one of these definitions?)

Quote:i got confuse on the other two...^^

Confused about logic and (personal? Why include this? Is not experience personal...?) experience? :S

Quote:she gives me a couple of logic ann less facts...,

??? What are you saying?

Quote:and one other question...

in some ways., personal experiences may oppose some facts of science.., it depends on how a person interprets it or feel with it right? how was that??

This is true. One easy example: have you ever been high? I hear it feels downright religiously insane Sleepy

Quote:im just asking.., ^^

no offense

You can always ask questions here, and need not worry about offending anyone. But perhaps you could take a little extra time to make yourself more readable? Confused Even I struggled with this...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
@SAE -
"Science has nothing to do with a things status as an atheist..."
isn't it science proves?? science give facts??? and that make an atheist(my opinion coz i don't know how to be an atheist). and much more.., isn't it atheist only accept facts proved by science???

"This is true. One easy example: have you ever been high? I hear it feels downright religiously insane "
soo... we can conclude that our experience shall not be cited as reference for an argument right??

"??? What are you saying?"

I am sorry i meant "he gives me much logic than facts..."

Philosophy is a branch of science, isn't it??

sooo..., which is much better to deal with...

facts?? or logic???
Dude, I have no clue as to what the fuck you're on about.
Can't be real.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Drinking while posting should be a misdemeanor, at least.
T.T no one understands me....
Quote:sooo..., which is much better to deal with...

facts?? or logic???

Personally I would rather start with the 'Facts' then apply logic as to WHY the facts "fit" the observable.Wink Shades

Quote:Philosophy is a branch of science, isn't it??

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Philosophy+ Angel Cloud

phi·los·o·phy   /fɪˈlɒsəfi/ Show Spelled[fi-los-uh-fee] Show IPA
–noun,plural-phies.
1.the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct.
2.any of the three branches, namely natural philosophy, moral philosophy, and metaphysical philosophy, that are accepted as composing this study.
3.a system of philosophical doctrine: the philosophy of Spinoza.
4.the critical study of the basic principles and concepts of a particular branch of knowledge, esp. with a view to improving or reconstituting them: the philosophy of science.
5.a system of principles for guidance in practical affairs.
6.a philosophical attitude, as one of composure and calm in the presence of troubles or annoyances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The bold is probably what you are referring to?

Quote:T.T no one understands me....

No is on this rock to "understand you" Cool Shades
Thing is do YOU understand yourself??

my 2bits
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Philosophy is not a branch of science.

Philosophy is a discipline based on reason and logic.

Science is a discipline based on evidence, which is [ideally] interpreted using reason and logic.

Logic and religious beliefs are not incompatible.IE a position may be logically valid but untrue. Logic does not guarantee truth by itself.

Science and religion are incompatible in essence. That is because religion rejects science whenever it contradicts dogma. Religion asserts absolute truths,science does not.

I hope that begins to answer your question. I'm not really sure what you're asking. Just a wild guess: is English not your first language?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satirical logic for the atheistic mind Drich 158 18538 June 13, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What is the logic in "life after death"? Fake Messiah 52 8309 March 11, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: comet
  Christoid Logic GodCherry 162 18929 February 19, 2016 at 3:48 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Simple facts don't lie JBrentonK 78 14343 December 29, 2015 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  divine logic? ignoramus 30 6353 June 26, 2015 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Watch Reza Aslan Pick and Choose Which "Facts" He Thinks Are Real Minimalist 3 1113 March 8, 2015 at 12:23 am
Last Post: dyresand
  God's Special Logic Michael Schubert 16 3443 March 31, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  'Logic' Window: The Nutrition Of Wisdom Cyberman 0 1235 April 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Logic problem: The founding principles of the U.S. and Christianity. Ziploc Surprise 45 26420 February 13, 2012 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  First Order Predicate Logic vs The Judeo-Christian creator pack3tg0st 14 6619 April 8, 2010 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Tiberius