Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mamma Mia!!
Mamma Mia!!
Bjorn Ulvaeus,lyricist in Abba, is an atheist and a member of the Swedish Secular Asociation.
Stung by some clerics claiming Mamma Mia the musical has a religious message, evidence being the line in Thank You For The Music that goes " I believe in angels, something good in everything I see " , he has added a line to the Swedish version of the song that goes " Who needs religion?/we can do without it..."
Good on him!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: Mamma Mia!!
I've always detested Abba. Something to do with having been in the punk scene in the late 70s/ early 80s. Abba represented all of the clean wholesomeness that we were reacting against.

But hats off to Bjorn! I guess I'm gonna have to revise my view of the group.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
(May 24, 2010 at 2:30 pm)Caecilian Wrote: I've always detested Abba. Something to do with having been in the punk scene in the late 70s/ early 80s. Abba represented all of the clean wholesomeness that we were reacting against.

But hats off to Bjorn! I guess I'm gonna have to revise my view of the group.

Whoa, slow down there! I don't much like their stuff either, but credit where it's due!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(May 24, 2010 at 2:53 pm)bozo Wrote: Whoa, slow down there! I don't much like their stuff either, but credit where it's due!

Mind you, I did say that I'd have to revise my opinion of the group. By which I meant the people that make up Abba.

Nothing could possibly lead me to revise my opinion of their music.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
I'm gonna name my kid Bjorn. Either he's gonna be the guitarist for some sick metal band or he'll be a rocket scientist.

Win-Win.
Good on Bjorn for doing that.

I loved ABBA (the two girls really) from day one, and stayed with them until Fernando was played for about the 100th time on the radio. I haven't listened to them since.
(May 24, 2010 at 6:37 pm)tavarish Wrote: I'm gonna name my kid Bjorn. Either he's gonna be the guitarist for some sick metal band or he'll be a rocket scientist.

Win-Win.

Or a hell of a tennis player.