Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 10:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My hypothesis on the current future of religion.
My hypothesis on the current future of religion.
In the first world religion is steadily dying for the better due to these key factors.

Education - 

Internet - 

Science -

Free though -

All these key things is what is killing religion in the third world for the better.

The third world however you will see a major growth in Islam and Christianity for these reasons.

Religion based education -

Lack of free thought -

Blasphemy -

Religious rule with a iron fist  -

Religion  itself is  holding back the third world from advancing for the better.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: My hypothesis on the current future of religion.
(October 4, 2015 at 2:08 am)dyresand Wrote: Religion  itself is  holding back the third world from advancing for the better.

Leading to increased polarisation and conflict.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

No doubt about the steady decline of religion in the first world but we are already seeing a backlash. The more devout are already getting more extreme in their beliefs and more brazen in pushing it out of panic. This will probably only hasten its demise in the first world as more and more people jump off the religion train in disgust.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(October 4, 2015 at 10:16 am)AFTT47 Wrote: No doubt about the steady decline of religion in the first world but we are already seeing a backlash. The more devout are already getting more extreme in their beliefs and more brazen in pushing it out of panic. This will probably only hasten its demise in the first world as more and more people jump off the religion train in disgust.
I agree. The first world religious are in the beginning stages of their death throes.

As for the third world, the religions that keep more people living than dying I'm willing to tolerate up to a point. The religions that are growth dependent on others elimination and death should not be tolerated.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The third world will suffer most from the effects of climate change/global warming.  Then they can pray to fucking allah or jesus to help them.  When the US helps all it can seem to do is drop bombs on someone's head.
I am not sure if religion is truly dying in the first world, rather I feel it is getting replaced by new woo and other bs.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

There will always be new woo. I'd rather deal with it than the politically powerful organized religions.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Exactly, people believing stupid shit is not the problem.  It's when they think their fucking god gives them the right to tell others how to live that it becomes a major problem.
Education is making inroads, but for every inroad made Religious folks are trying to take a step back. It's why they don't want to fund our public schools. They want to send their kids to religious schools on the government's dime, and want 'competition' (because they love the idea that the majority of people are right. Never mind that private schools have the ability to turn down students, and that quality of schooling would decline under a voucher system or school 'choice' because Schools would then have to appeal to their customers, rather than actually teach anything.)

They're also doing their best to deny science (unless it benefits them). They love citing guys like Paul McHugh, but will ignore everything 95% of scientists say unless it's in their interests. It's why they're combative of science, and have been for a long time.
(October 4, 2015 at 12:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Exactly, people believing stupid shit is not the problem.  It's when they think their fucking god gives them the right to tell others how to live that it becomes a major problem.

People believing stupid shit without any critical thought is what leads to religion. Thus I fear in the future, the current religions won't be eradicated rather just be replaced with newer wooie religions, because people tend to ignore the current small-scale-woo.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NDE of future war of demons masquerading as aliens scoobysnack 73 26339 June 12, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 11065 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 5004 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 20018 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Why the future of religion is bleak nihilistcat 7 2220 May 3, 2015 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  The Future Of World Relgions report (PEW Research) ReptilianPeon 35 6357 April 14, 2015 at 8:03 am
Last Post: watchamadoodle
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 50623 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion into the Future bladevalant546 14 3701 August 25, 2014 at 8:28 am
Last Post: bladevalant546
  Will there be a liberal political party in the future? GayAtheist 13 3183 August 24, 2014 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: iHateTrolls
  Religion is the Way of the Future MONEYMUFFINS 7 1968 March 20, 2013 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Angrboda