Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Favorite Boardgame
Your Favorite Boardgame
Hands down for me, it's Settlers of Catan. One reason i love it so much, is every time you set up the board, it's different, so it's a brand new game every time. I currently own the original and seafarers edition. I need to get cities and knights. Smile
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Your Favorite Boardgame
I play this on Xbox Live Arcade. So much fun! I didn't know it was a proper boardgame though. Now I'll have to buy it.
Snakes and Ladders. Big Grin
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(May 3, 2010 at 8:11 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: Hands down for me, it's Settlers of Catan. One reason i love it so much, is every time you set up the board, it's different, so it's a brand new game every time. I currently own the original and seafarers edition. I need to get cities and knights. Smile

Oh my gawd! That's my favorite too! Shock What the hell, Ely?! You aren't supposed to share any tastes with me! Tiger
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 3, 2010 at 8:18 am)Tiberius Wrote: I play this on Xbox Live Arcade. So much fun! I didn't know it was a proper boardgame though. Now I'll have to buy it.

You didn't know it was a board game? Whoa, boy, you're missing out.

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Well I haven't really missed out. The Arcade version is the same game as far as I can tell, just with computer opponents.
Settlers of Catan is definitely up there. I think my favorite (even though it is way simple) is History of the World. It's similar to Risk, but each epoch in human history kind of resets the board. Quite fun.

And the Dominion card game is my current favorite. It's a card game, but plays more like a board game.
(May 3, 2010 at 9:23 am)Tiberius Wrote: Well I haven't really missed out. The Arcade version is the same game as far as I can tell, just with computer opponents.

Playing with a computer program? Oh you most certainly have missed out.

You lose out on the fun innuendos of getting wood for sheep, and that's a tragedy.

Well we'll have to play some time.
Candy Land forever. Big Grin
Saerules Wrote:The air, tis wonderful!

Saerules Wrote:No, don't even ask what I just laughed at. I will not tell you what I just laughed at! You may think I'm going to tell you what I just laughed at, but I'm not!
xD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is/was your favorite arcade game? Angrboda 27 2515 August 12, 2023 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Your favorite "original" gaming song Foxaèr 18 3189 July 25, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Your favorite role-playing video games Casca 18 2813 November 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  Your favorite free MMO? Foxaèr 0 886 April 8, 2013 at 3:07 am
Last Post: Foxaèr