Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 12:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God can help you find a job. True story.
God can help you find a job. True story.
I've been browsing everystudent.com and its arrogance just astonishes me. My mind was blown with a video on this page:

http://www.everystudent.com/videos/jobsearch.php

Wow. Just wow.

Fuck those who pray to get better from cancer and terminal illnesses, this skeezy adolescent that drives a run-down Buick needs a JOB!
RE: God can help you find a job. True story.
(April 24, 2010 at 11:26 am)tavarish Wrote: I've been browsing everystudent.com and its arrogance just astonishes me. My mind was blown with a video on this page:

http://www.everystudent.com/videos/jobsearch.php

Wow. Just wow.

Fuck those who pray to get better from cancer and terminal illnesses, this skeezy adolescent that drives a run-down Buick needs a JOB!

What a pantload! But this is how believers work! They pray for something and if that something happens, "God" heard their prayers and answered them! Puh-leeze! If they honestly believe crap like this, why aren't they praying for world peace? Or for all the blind people to be given sight? Or for all the cancer patients to be cured? Or for all the starving people to be provided food? Etc, etc.....

It actually seems pretty damn selfish to pray for something as trivial as a job when your prayers (which these idiots obviously believe work) could be used to benefit all of humanity. Imagine if someone found an old lamp on the beach and rubbed it. A genie then popped out and told the person he could grant one wish. ANYTHING at all! Now, what would you think of this person if they used this wish to get a job? Wouldn't that be incredibly stupid? This wish could have been used to benefit all of humanity forever. The wish could have been something like, "I wish that no person will ever again suffer from cancer" (or paralysis, or hunger, or blindness, or birth defects, etc, etc...). So, instead of using these obviously powerful prayers for selfish gain, why don't they use them for the benefit of mankind?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did they really find Noah's Ark? Jasper 19 1645 May 25, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 12927 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Raw Story gives a voice to atheists.... Brian37 8 1658 October 17, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  How you know religion has done its job in brainwashing you: Foxaèr 19 2947 August 9, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  The One True Dog Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 20 5312 March 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The One True God thread Angrboda 11 2734 March 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  The One TRUE Jesus Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 6 924 March 14, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33556 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9117 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4735 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet