Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 9:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God? A Republican?!?
God? A Republican?!?
I recently found this passage in the bible that I find interesting: "A wise man's heart is at his right hand ; but a fool's heart at his left." (Ecclesiastes 10.2)

As is the defining trait of the bible that allows it to be twisted into bullshit so often by fundementalists, this could mean several diferent things, perhaps right handed people are better than left handed people; the most meaningful meaning though is pertaining to politics, and this seems to say that republicans are better than democrats.

Considering that most of the overly religious people are republicans, and most of the athiestic people are democrats, this is not suprising. Though I think that trend is not because of what the bible says, merely a coencidence that makes a great deal of sense, for the people that wrote the bible had no way of knowing that their text and subsequent religion would be considered 'right-side' of the political specterum.

Thoughts anyone?
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

RE: God? A Republican?!?
I thought everybody's heart was slightly too the left? Does that make us all fools?
The way to heaven is to turn right and go straight.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
There is no god.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Well, duh, but the imaginary guy from the bible is 'god', as I am talking about the bible, it is obviously not true.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

It's an ancient superstition...just like the bible!

Sinestra (Latin for "Left") came to take on a meaning of evil or unlucky. The English word "sinister" is derived from it.

For myself, give me a starting rotation of 5 left-handed pitchers and a couple of left-handed power hitters and let's start the baseball season!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19760 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie