Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 6:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Christian Apologizes for Being Such a Huge Shit Head for all Those Years
Former Christian Apologizes for Being Such a Huge Shit Head for all Those Years
An interesting read. Looks to me like she was deep in fundamentalist land when she began deconverting.

REF: http://mysistersfarmhouse.com/2010/01/fo...ose-years/
And "How I became an atheist: A parable"
REF: http://mysistersfarmhouse.com/2010/01/ho...a-parable/
RE: Former Christian Apologizes for Being Such a Huge Shit Head for all Those Years
I thought it was certainly an interesting story. She makes an interesting point; a person should not be giving 10% of his income to pay for a building that is only occupied for a few hours a week.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: Former Christian Apologizes for Being Such a Huge Shit Head for all Those Years
Great to read. Sounds like she's done some soul-searching and replaced her false sense of morallity with a real one.
(January 28, 2010 at 10:42 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: She makes an interesting point; a person should not be giving 10% of his income to pay for a building that is only occupied for a few hours a week.

10 people would make up an average wage for one minister
10 more people would fund an average house... but a meeting place might cost what... double?
A church doesn't usually stand empty ...it's a community building that can be used as such. A lot of churches don't have buildings but just use each others houses
No idea what other expenses would amount to... then the church funds expansion/ mission
Most people don't give 10% ..a lot give only a few pence ... the rest of the people gladly fund this

Personally I treat fundies with great caution. You don't believe something so screwey because you're right in the head.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former Catholic MR. Macabre 666 12 1350 October 2, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy Woah0 7 985 September 7, 2022 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Being can come from non-being Alex K 55 7433 January 15, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 14228 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1425 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution android17ak47 49 8169 November 1, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3382 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  To All Those Theists Who Aren't In It For The Swag Edwardo Piet 17 2960 June 2, 2018 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8608 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  People in bible never existed according to head of Theology at a university in UK! MellisaClarke 79 15621 January 3, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger