Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 6:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benham brothers lose HGTV show
Benham brothers lose HGTV show
What is it with these television celebrities thinking they can remark on their apparent bigotry and not deal with the consequences?

Quote:The twin brothers who lost their HGTV show after a recording surfaced of one's anti-homosexuality views are surprisingly not upset at the network that fired them.

Their beef is not with HGTV, but with the gay "agenda" that "bullied" the network, Jason and David Benham told CNN's "New Day" on Friday.

"I feel they got bullied," David Benham said. "There's an agenda that's out in America right now that demands silence, especially from men and women who profess Jesus Christ and hold to his standards."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/09/showbiz/be...hers-hgtv/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Benham brothers lose HGTV show
(May 10, 2014 at 12:13 am)Kitanetos Wrote: What is it with these television celebrities thinking they can remark on their apparent bigotry and not deal with the consequences?

Quote:The twin brothers who lost their HGTV show after a recording surfaced of one's anti-homosexuality views are surprisingly not upset at the network that fired them.

Their beef is not with HGTV, but with the gay "agenda" that "bullied" the network, Jason and David Benham told CNN's "New Day" on Friday.

"I feel they got bullied," David Benham said. "There's an agenda that's out in America right now that demands silence, especially from men and women who profess Jesus Christ and hold to his standards."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/09/showbiz/be...hers-hgtv/

My issue with people like these brothers is that they cherry pick things from the bible to be out raged by. Let's pretend the bible is actual truth.. and being gay is a sin, therefore gay marriages are banned. Ok thats fine so if we are going to ban gay marriages what about divorces? Thats a sin too. How about masturbation? Going to ban that too?

Ok now lets go back to the real world where the bible is again a book written by man (men) and no more true than a pink flying unicorn. Why are their so many double standards? Im not going to go out and tell someone else how to live their life. They should be allowed the liberties that everyone else has. The fact that they aren't allowed these simple liberties is disgusting and just as bad as not allowing black people to vote.. or go to the same restroom.

The cure to this stupidity is knowledge that is getting easier by the second to find. But even in the end when religious views are a thing of the past.. hate will still remain regardless of what form it comes in.
In a universe full of infinite possibilities what can happen, will happen.
Quote:There's an agenda that's out in America right now that demands silence, especially from men and women who profess Jesus Christ and hold to his standards."

I wonder what those "standards" are? Oh yeah - ancient jewish shit.
(May 10, 2014 at 1:44 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:There's an agenda that's out in America right now that demands silence, especially from men and women who profess Jesus Christ and hold to his standards."

I wonder what those "standards" are? Oh yeah - ancient jewish shit.

Even the Bible says not to believe Jewish fairy tales.

Titus 1:14 (CEV) = "Don’t pay any attention to any of those senseless Jewish stories and human commands. These are made up by people who won’t obey the truth."
(May 10, 2014 at 1:13 am)Mr Brightside Wrote: My issue with people like these brothers is that they cherry pick things from the bible to be out raged by. Let's pretend the bible is actual truth.. and being gay is a sin, therefore gay marriages are banned.

Here's the important part: by this point in the sentence, we've already reached a problem.

What does the bible say to do with gay people? It doesn't say anything about publicly voicing your disapproval, or preventing them from having the same rights as anyone else. The only thing the bible tells you to do with gay people is to kill them.

So when these assholes talk about Jesus Christ and his standards, they are already ignoring their own premises. That's why any biblical argument against gay marriage is bankrupt from the outset, if the person making it isn't currently in prison for the murder of a gay person.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
There's so many things I hate about this, just like with the Duck Dynasty show. First is HGTV's pretend morality, they knew the brothers' views before this became public, but are now going to pretend like these two are heinous because having a connection to them hurts their bottom line. The second thing though is this idea that it is alright for people to be punished for personal views. I agree with them that their is a gay agenda being pushed (not necessarily by gay people) and if you don't accept their view you deserve to burn in their eyes.
(May 10, 2014 at 10:04 am)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: There's so many things I hate about this, just like with the Duck Dynasty show. First is HGTV's pretend morality, they knew the brothers' views before this became public, but are now going to pretend like these two are heinous because having a connection to them hurts their bottom line. The second thing though is this idea that it is alright for people to be punished for personal views. I agree with them that their is a gay agenda being pushed (not necessarily by gay people) and if you don't accept their view you deserve to burn in their eyes.

Does this mean the civil rights movement was just a black agenda being pushed?
(May 10, 2014 at 10:04 am)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: There's so many things I hate about this, just like with the Duck Dynasty show. First is HGTV's pretend morality, they knew the brothers' views before this became public, but are now going to pretend like these two are heinous because having a connection to them hurts their bottom line. The second thing though is this idea that it is alright for people to be punished for personal views. I agree with them that their is a gay agenda being pushed (not necessarily by gay people) and if you don't accept their view you deserve to burn in their eyes.

I'm not really sure what you mean, when you say "gay agenda" as though the reaction that gay people and their allies are having isn't justified. It's simple cause and effect: these people expressed that they believe that a certain subset of the populace deserve to be killed for something they can't control, and for a lot of right thinking people, that's a really fucked up and hateful position to take. Their distaste at those statements, and the fact that they voiced them, seems entirely justified to me. In turn, the network opted to take them off air rather than take the hit to their reputation, which is just business. Some people were dissatisfied with the product the network was producing, they complained, and the producers reacted.

I guarantee you we wouldn't be hearing any shit about "the black agenda" if someone on a popular tv show had come out and said that all black people deserve to die, and got fired for it.

And to be clear, this isn't being "punished" for having views, either; nobody has the right to their own tv show.

Edit: Ha, Cato got there before me! Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 10, 2014 at 10:07 am)Cato Wrote: Does this mean the civil rights movement was just a black agenda being pushed?

No. I'm not saying the entire gay rights movement is part of an agenda either, all people should have equal rights. But when groups try and control social commentary through censorship in order to push their own view point upon everyone else it is harmful.

Equal rights = good
Censoring free speech = bad

Esq I'm at work and don't want to type out my entire response on my phone, but I'll answer more thoroughly when I get home.
Why do people insist on conflating free speech with immunity from public condemnation?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not sure Stan will show up. Brian37 20 1090 March 3, 2024 at 3:06 am
Last Post: no one
  Can someone show me the evidence of the bullshit bible articles? I believe in Harry Potter 36 4857 November 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Ex-Christians: How do you lose your fear of hell? KiwiNFLFan 29 5768 November 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 31649 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Helping Christians to lose faith? watchamadoodle 73 11118 April 5, 2015 at 5:24 am
Last Post: RobertE
  Christans show Jesus is God and not Satan Pizza 83 14320 March 19, 2015 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Some Simple Questions show Atheistic Origin Science is false (proof 2 begins) SavedByGraceThruFaith 369 195646 October 9, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  I'll show you a real Christian Foxaèr 66 14619 May 26, 2014 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  The Daily Show - Haters of the Lost Ark Minimalist 1 1512 April 9, 2014 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Dipshit Xtians Lose Their Minds Over "Noah" Minimalist 26 5626 March 29, 2014 at 5:47 am
Last Post: jesus_wept