Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 6:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save The World From Mormonism
Save The World From Mormonism
So I've been thinking about this a lot lately. The church has the ability to pump so much money into marketing it's ridiculous and let's face it...their commercials are good.

For people who know close to nothing (like many americans) about the mormon church, this could be bad. The commercials use pathos so well to draw in investigators and to retain members.

I'm afraid people will join the church through ignorance and fall into the 10% trap. It just kills me to think that the church would continue to take advantage of people and building a larger more terrible culture.

You think more people these days will do their homework before they join the church? It's just terrible to think people will buy into the church's fabricated identity.

Scientology does a great job too. Both mormonism and scientology seem like the greatest threat to scientific progression and critical thought. What do you think? Does the world need saving or will it save it's self?
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
RE: Save The World From Mormonism
Quote:their commercials are good.

You think so? The ones I've seen try to convince people that they are just like everyone else in spite of the inherently stupid shit they profess to believe.

What they don't do is go into detail about the inherently stupid shit they believe!
RE: Save The World From Mormonism
I concur, but with a proviso; I'm not sure Joseph Smith would recognize his creation these days, and of the 100+ schismatic sects of Mormonism, it might be even more disturbing which one(s) he might give the nod to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mormonism, anything goes LivingNumbers6.626 8 2232 September 16, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Tongue Atheist on Mormonism Cholley71 5 2069 August 8, 2013 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Bad Writer