Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 2:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Atheist Billboard
New Atheist Billboard
Check it out.

http://www2.tbo.com/video/2009/nov/02/co...ideo-news/
RE: New Atheist Billboard
(November 2, 2009 at 10:48 pm)Secularone Wrote: Check it out.

http://www2.tbo.com/video/2009/nov/02/co...ideo-news/
Nice! I especially like the verbiage of this one. It really speaks from the definition of atheism, and speaks to "closeted" or unsure atheists. I'm not a big fan of the "be good for goodness' sake" one, or some of the other one's i've seen because they come across as too confrontational.

"Don't believe in God? You're not alone."

Beautiful!
- Meatball
I've just been informed that a second billboard is in the works and will be up soon.
And you're right on target. These are intended to comfort people who feel out of place because they are skeptical of religion but afraid to say so for fear of retribution.
Go athiest movement.

Perhaps soon we will have the first ever athiest president of the United States.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

You guys already do. You don't really think Obama is a Christian do you? I'm with Hitchens on this one; I reckon he should just announce it and get it over with.
He won't, certainly not until after possible second term election. And even if he is an atheist, it makes no difference the way he panders to the religious at the moment.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
In America, athiesm is political suicide.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

In America legitimate politics died long,long ago.

Some one asked Jesse Ventura how he went from wrasslin' to politics, and he said that they were the same thing...

-Pip
(November 4, 2009 at 5:28 am)Tiberius Wrote: You guys already do. You don't really think Obama is a Christian do you? I'm with Hitchens on this one; I reckon he should just announce it and get it over with.
And watch the GOP twist the Constitution into knots trying to impeach him for it? I guarantee they'd try.

I'm also of the opinion that Obama is an atheist, though.

It will be a long time(never?) before an open atheist is elected POTUS. Some polls have shown that people are less likely to trust atheists than homosexuals or muslims. Considering all the shit they hurl at those two groups, it's doubtful any politician will decide to advertise his non-belief.
- Meatball

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard proclaims "Nobody is born gay" Foxaèr 201 29954 December 22, 2014 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus