Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 10:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Second Coming
The Second Coming
Ok so the other day I watched a two-part drama called "The Second Coming" that was originally aired back in 2003 and I'd somehow missed it. It's a story about how an ordinary guy (Steve) goes missing for 40 days and 40 nights, and when he is found wandering on a moor, he claims he is the son of God, been sent back to Earth to write the third testament.

It was great because the entire thing was written by a humanist (Russell T Davies) and so is filled with controversial bits (like when Steve announces to a crowd of followers that nobody has gotten it right yet, that Heaven is empty and Hell is bursting at the seams). The ending is also pretty good, and surprising Big Grin

So yeah, download it or buy the DVD. Awesome story Big Grin
RE: The Second Coming
Sounds really interesting! My aunt claims the second coming (and the end of the world) will be in 2011, so be on the watch for that Tongue
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
I thought it was 2012 that world ends. If it comes a year early I have to reschedule my end of world plans, damnit!
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Some idiot predicts the end every year....that way, they are covered!
No my aunt changed it. Iran's nucear plans made her move it up a year! According to the Mayans (and some Christians) the end of the world is 2012. Oh well, either way we don't have much time :p
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
Actually the Mayans never said any such thing. That's just the date they decided to stop their calendar. Like I said to a 2012 believer (although not after I'd dealt with her) on Twitter, just because nobody has made pin-up calendars for 2030 yet doesn't mean the world will end then.
As ive said before: so many people have, for so long, predicted the end of the world so many times that its not funny anymore.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

OH NO GUYS!! ACCORDING TO MY KITTY CAT CALENDAR THE WORLD ENDS 12/31/2009. OH SHIT WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!!

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I predict that the end of the world will happen on, or before, the year 5,000,002,012. Or perhaps shortly after.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Is 6,000,002,012 considered shortly after?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covid-19 second wave WinterHold 58 7411 August 11, 2020 at 6:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Jerusalem, rapture, the coming of christ, and crazy evangelicals WinterHold 9 1449 May 25, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [1 second conversion] Convert theist to atheist, in 1 second ProgrammingGodJordan 252 23679 February 17, 2017 at 1:10 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  Officially sold my "soul" for the second time. Foxaèr 2 1079 January 28, 2017 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  [4.1 SECOND Conversion] (without weird fonts too!) ignoramus 59 5375 January 22, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  ★★ [4.3 SECOND conversion] ★★: CONVERT religious to atheist, in roughly 4.3 seconds. ProgrammingGodJordan 118 11013 January 18, 2017 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Pseudo-Christians, you missed Jesus' SECOND COMING! 21stCenturyIconoclast 45 5668 January 2, 2017 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  NEW Religion - Cobainism Second coming of Jesus Cobainism 73 7173 November 27, 2016 at 7:17 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Second Coming? downbeatplumb 18 3837 March 9, 2014 at 5:20 am
Last Post: catman
  The second coming went already Rokcet Scientist 6 2894 February 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused