Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 5:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Your reputation precedes you"
"Your reputation precedes you"
OK, some asshole advertised this video to me via my YouTube inbox:

Ratings are disabled, this cover is apparently "more accurate" and "less disrespectful", AND... apparently Lennon is "shallow-minded".

What are your thoughts on this oppressive propaganda?
RE: "Your reputation precedes you"
It makes me want to write atheist lyrics to "Amazing Grace."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I can only get so angry because "Imagine" is the most overrated fucking song in human history.
(July 16, 2013 at 8:56 pm)Ryantology Wrote: I can only get so angry because "Imagine" is the most overrated fucking song in human history.

Well, this is only because the artist was assassinated. If John died an uninterrupted death the song would be lesser. Also, it infatuates the views of hippies from that era. People can do mindless shit with sympathy being the motive. Like going to war for vengeance.
I think the song is:

Awesome, awesome and more awesome.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Figures that an asshole like you would think so.

It's a travesty to deface Lennon's work like that. The fucker should be sued.
(July 17, 2013 at 2:43 am)Minimalist Wrote: Figures that an asshole like you would think so.

He's dead dumb dumb. He also knows something you don't.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
He's dead, dumb dumb. He knows jack shit.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
That song is shit, the piano work is shit, the lyrics are shit, and the singing is shit.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(July 17, 2013 at 3:07 am)Godschild Wrote:
(July 17, 2013 at 2:43 am)Minimalist Wrote: Figures that an asshole like you would think so.

He's dead dumb dumb. He also knows something you don't.

Yeah, he's in hell for being a nice guy.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wash your hands or do not wash your hands when you eat Ferrocyanide 48 3366 October 19, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide