Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 7:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No matter what...
No matter what...
If Creator is Good, there is a benevolent purpose for the suffering, then strive to fulfill that purpose.

If Creator is Evil for suffering, then forgive God and make the best out your soul even if he endless tortures you out of pure evil and don't lose compassion for the Creator for being so evil.

If there is no God, then live a life that would make you honorable in his eyes if he existed and a life that was worthy of being lived even if he didn't.

Doesn't matter what - just live honorably.
RE: No matter what...
(May 12, 2012 at 11:58 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: If Creator is Good, there is a benevolent purpose for the suffering, then strive to fulfill that purpose.
What 'benevolent' purpose could there possibly be for all the suffering, pain, death, abuse, agony, despair, anxiety, neglect, torture, misery, fear, terror, persecution, hardship, loneliness and isolation in this world?

Quote:If Creator is Evil for suffering, then forgive God
If a malevolent god is responsible for creating said crapsack reality, and it intentionally makes us experience all manner of pain, then no I will never forgive it.

Quote:If there is no God, then live a life that would make you honorable in his eyes if he existed and a life that was worthy of being lived even if he didn't.
I cannot both simultaneously believe and not believe in a god and live my accordingly to their hopes and expectations. That's not logical or sensible.

Quote:Doesn't matter what - just live honorably.
Please clarify in what context are you using the word "honour" and be more specific on how to live "honourably" because as we all know some religious fuck-heads are committing 'honour killings' out there.

I don't think its a tenable position. The word you should use is 'humanely'.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark matter kicks ass again. Please watch. ignoramus 3 936 June 4, 2018 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Holy Horseshit...No Matter Who Wrote It...Is The Problem Minimalist 7 4059 December 12, 2015 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Speaker / Word / Matter StrongWaters 42 11834 December 11, 2013 at 5:19 am
Last Post: daandaan
  Why Religion Doesn't Matter (Please read and give me feedback) enamateur 0 1723 December 2, 2012 at 3:12 am
Last Post: enamateur
  Mind over matter? Captain Scarlet 22 5850 September 16, 2010 at 12:40 am
Last Post: theVOID