Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 10:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists
Atheists
Most atheists in a nutshell: http://jamesmclean.org/drjosh6.html
RE: Atheists
Well certainly not myself.
Didn't someone else post this crap a few days ago?

I'm sorry - is there a fallacy out yet called "authority by insult" or something similar?

Being able to load a sentence up with as much negativity as possible in no way makes you intelligent or correct.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(March 23, 2012 at 4:26 am)jrrmc90 Wrote: Most atheists in a nutshell: http://jamesmclean.org/drjosh6.html

Me neither. Seems like this "doctor" got his doctorate from the same university as Kent Hovind.
I dunno, the underlying point he makes is quite valid, but the same could be said of most theists as well.
We do know that its Poe right.. Dr Joshua is a fictional character for a standup comedian. The other articles are similarly dumb. Look at the rest of his website.

Couldn't be bothered to look at his actual standup, since he's only ever done it twice (bit of an exaggeration to call himself a professional standup at this point).
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Can we add negative kudos somehow?
(March 23, 2012 at 4:31 am)aleialoura Wrote: Didn't someone else post this crap a few days ago?

Indeed, he posted it twice. So far he's done nothing but post that link. Undecided
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Actually, its the OP's own website, I didn't link James Mclean and the username before.

Looks like he's spamming his own mediocre humour site.
Bored, so a Whois shows jimmyrrmclean@*****.com hence the username. Maybe its a Poe attempt or genuine, either way its a bit lame. But I would possibly recommend not putting all your details on your domain registration if you are deliberately going to troll people on the internet. Supplying your email address, home phone, fax and postal address is not particularly smart.

More to the point, this random posting doesn't really help you publicise yourself very well. He might be a great comedian just starting up for all I know, but this isn't the best way to gain attention.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11147 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar