Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 7:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is my idea of the afterlife possible at all
is my idea of the afterlife possible at all
is there any scientific (physical,biological or chemistry) paradoxes or objections to my idea which is:

after a person dies

his consciousness/ sentience is brought back or recreated in a metaphysical/supernatural form by God (not restricting him to any religion) to reside in God's realm eternally.

now I know that in this universe we need a brain in order for consciousness to work.

So what if this metaphysical/ supernatural God can provide a metaphysical supernatural brain for the metaphysical/supernatural consciousness he recreates or brings back

sorry for using metaphysical/supernatural everywhere

if this is not possible AT ALL please explain why
RE: is my idea of the afterlife possible at all
Didn't you already get shown at http://www.atheistforums.com that your argument doesn't even stand on its own two feet?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
By definition a metaphysical/supernatural God is not really a scientific probability, or likelihood, so your theory stands or falls with proof of it.

It is all based on proving a negative (Prove the consciousness disappears when the brain dies, prove a metaphysical realm doesn't exist, prove God doesn't exist).

You can't prove negatives, you can't prove faeries etc, and as such the theory is pure imagination.

That's not to say its impossible, just, in terms of physical science, a gross improbability.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Does the answer involve motorbikes?

Then probably not.

[Image: 3333.jpg]

Missile Badger will destroy you and all that you love.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
And you are??

the latest bit of detritus to be blown under our door??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 19, 2012 at 7:42 am)bigboy Wrote: if this is not possible AT ALL please explain why

Well we must stick to what we know at this point in time. We can assume anything. From the simple to the complex. So to remain with reason we stick to what we know, not what we can imagine. I don't think it's possible to continue existing (mentally) when our body and mind shuts down.

Death is the end of biological function. The brain is us. We are the brain and it really is nothing more than a lump of pink bio glob that functions with oxygen and many chemicals. When the brain shuts down, so do we. Mentally, we cease to exist. The data stored in the brain which makes up our personality, our memory and the ability to use senses in our body shut down and degrade. We won't even be aware that we're dead or have ever lived. The data required for conciousness, awareness and memory is gone. Try to think back before you were born, that's what being dead is like. It's hard to imagine being in such a state. Sleeping is a good way to comprehend it. Just without dreaming or waking up. Hours pass and you're completely unaware. Time and space no longer has any meaning to you. You'll be beyond such things.

I am confident that you do cease to exist. People who've suffered from a lack of oxygen have lost their memory, the ability to understand and talk, because parts of the brain were shutting down. The data was being destroyed.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
I may get 'slaughtered' on here for my opinion but here goes.
I do not believe in God/s but I do believe there is more to the universe than we can comprehend. Like a bird in a cage or a goldfish in a bowl, we/they have no idea anything else exists except the 'bubble'/'world' we/they live in.
I am 70 and have had about ten messages in dreams from the 'otherside'. One I have explained on here, was a murder victim who appeared to me in a dream and told me the name of her killer. I reported this to the police and a year later he was arrested then brought to justice. the name was the same. I will just tell you of one more as this subject isn't for everyone. A work colleague that had been dead for four years appeared in a dream and told me the name of a drug gang leader the police were looking for concerning a 2 million pound drug haul found in London customs [about 1984] It was announced that the police had no idea who they were looking for.
The colleague worked in the investigation Branch and dealt with prohibited items found in the post...drugs etc. The name he passed to me was Duncan Charles Watkins. I informed the police.
I told my partner, the morning after my dream, who believed me, as he was well aware that I wasn't making these dreams up. Six weeks later on the news, the presenter said...'The police have now arrested the drug gang leader responsible for the drugs haul in London customs. He is one Duncan Charles Watkins.
So having said all that, I believe that we don't die and move to another dimension.
The other dreams/messages I had were also proved to be the correct information.
I did not ask for these messages, nor did I want them; they scared me witless and I begged the 'universe' not to use me in that manner. After that I didn't receive any until ten years ago when I was told that someone close was about to die. A week later my healthy 66 year old sister fell down the stairs and died.
I have no explanation for it at all or why I am contacted
Just curious average, but have you ever had dreams of the sort that weren't 'confirmed in reality'? These sorts of things I suspect follow a normal distribution, where almost not even 1% of the population will have crazy luck with these coincidences matching up.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(March 19, 2012 at 8:33 am)FallentoReason Wrote: Just curious average, but have you ever had dreams of the sort that weren't 'confirmed in reality'? These sorts of things I suspect follow a normal distribution, where almost not even 1% of the population will have crazy luck with these coincidences matching up.

I guess we all have thousands of dreams in a lifetime but these are different in that there is a clicking sound to begin with and the dreams are brightly lit.
I have often wondered if the murdered girl's message went out to thousands that night but perhaps only me took it seriously. As I said, there is no explanation really.
Also in the 'drug' dream, as he appeared to me, I knew exactly that it was about the drug haul and he hadn't spoken yet which leads me to believe that the clicking sound is feeding the brain info [thought transference] before they appear. After he said the name, he asked 'have you got that?' I said 'yes' and he went, the dream over. Those were the only words he spoke.
BTW, I am a normal/average person with three offspring and a comfortable life style. It doesn't matter to me if people believe or not, it's just that I know what I have experienced and because of it, I know we don't die, we live on in another dimension.
(March 19, 2012 at 8:44 am)average Wrote:
(March 19, 2012 at 8:33 am)FallentoReason Wrote: Just curious average, but have you ever had dreams of the sort that weren't 'confirmed in reality'? These sorts of things I suspect follow a normal distribution, where almost not even 1% of the population will have crazy luck with these coincidences matching up.

I guess we all have thousands of dreams in a lifetime but these are different in that there is a clicking sound to begin with and the dreams are brightly lit.
I have often wondered if the murdered girl's message went out to thousands that night but perhaps only me took it seriously. As I said, there is no explanation really.
Also in the 'drug' dream, as he appeared to me, I knew exactly that it was about the drug haul and he hadn't spoken yet which leads me to believe that the clicking sound is feeding the brain info [thought transference] before they appear. After he said the name, he asked 'have you got that?' I said 'yes' and he went, the dream over. Those were the only words he spoke.
BTW, I am a normal/average person with three offspring and a comfortable life style. It doesn't matter to me if people believe or not, it's just that I know what I have experienced and because of it, I know we don't die, we live on in another dimension.

Oh it's not that I don't believe you had these dreams. I just kind of took it as the lucky person that wins lottery 3 days in a row kinda thing. A very rare case!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1407 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why are you chasing the idea of the existence of a God? WinterHold 26 3356 August 7, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Possible Connection Between Egyptian Religion And FSM BrianSoddingBoru4 6 1188 December 10, 2017 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Disappointment in God's idea purplepurpose 19 3395 December 4, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
Question My mom's idea of a good path Der/die AtheistIn 6 1099 November 27, 2017 at 2:19 am
Last Post: chorlton
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 21511 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 13190 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  What A Fantastic Idea! Minimalist 4 1117 July 3, 2016 at 10:57 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Morality versus afterlife robvalue 163 31598 March 13, 2016 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Possible and impossible KUSA 19 2962 February 27, 2016 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Cecelia