Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 12:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afghanistan Koran protests: Eight die on fourth day
Afghanistan Koran protests: Eight die on fourth day
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17152705

Thought you guys may be interested.

<3
RE: Afghanistan Koran protests: Eight die on fourth day
(February 24, 2012 at 11:07 am)Insanity x Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17152705

<3

Wait a damn sec....US troops did this? Are they fucking insane? Least that should happen is they lose their pay and get courtmarshalled for being stupid on the taxpaying citizen's dime.
Quote:"I call on everyone throughout the country - Isaf members and Afghans - to exercise patience and restraint as we continue to gather the facts," Gen Allen said in a statement.

And thought I was idealistic.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
How to make friends and influence people. The American way.
(February 24, 2012 at 11:14 am)Phil Wrote: Wait a damn sec....US troops did this? Are they fucking insane? Least that should happen is they lose their pay and get courtmarshalled for being stupid on the taxpaying citizen's dime.

That was exactly my reaction when I first found out.

Accident my arse, I cannot believe that not one person there didn't know it was a Big Big NoNo, especially if you're trying to pretend not to have religious influence for the conflict.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(February 24, 2012 at 11:07 am)Insanity x Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17152705

<3

Stupid savages
The troops would have a good mind to burn a load more Qurans and stick up 2 fingers to them.
(February 24, 2012 at 12:03 pm)Rokcet Scientist Wrote: How to make friends and influence people. The American way.

ROFLOL
(February 24, 2012 at 11:14 am)Phil Wrote: Wait a damn sec....US troops did this? Are they fucking insane? Least that should happen is they lose their pay and get courtmarshalled for being stupid on the taxpaying citizen's dime.

* Tiberius wishes more people would actually read the article.

Quote:Thousands of enraged Afghans have taken to the streets for a fourth day, after US soldiers inadvertently set fire to copies of the Koran.

Quote:In a letter to his Afghan counterpart Hamid Karzai, Mr Obama said the books had been "unintentionally mishandled".

US personnel apparently put the books into a rubbish incinerator at Bagram air base, near Kabul.

Bolding mine. This is (as far as I can tell) an honest mistake, and certainly not a valid reason for losing pay or getting court martialed. This is just another example of the religious getting pissed over something completely ridiculous.
Quote:This is just another example of the religious getting pissed over something completely ridiculous.

That's pretty much their job, isn't it? I mean, consider the Santorum campaign.
Its impossible to tell exactly what happened either way your relying on somebody's word.

I'm not sure how you can "unintentionally" burn it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which major religion will die first? FrustratedFool 8 1021 April 25, 2024 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I dreamt that when you die, you end up flying in darkness. But in the midst of it Edge92 27 1796 June 12, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  If I lose my soul, do I die? robvalue 37 5323 September 4, 2018 at 12:15 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why are Christians scared to die? Old Baby 57 9546 February 3, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Is There A Fourth Possibility? TheUmer 5 2006 December 1, 2009 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Purple Rabbit
  No religion protests unconvertable 6 2251 February 18, 2009 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: infidel666