Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 3:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspiration
Inspiration
christians or muslims say that their religion is true because the text for the bible or Qur'an because it was inspired by god or allah. but are not all books a product of insperation yes. So if this logic is true the stephen king's book IT must be true. because it was inspired by a crazy demonic clown. sooo that clown must be true right? we all know that the crazy clown does not exist because we are smart, same should go for the bible or qur'an
Bill Maher: If you believe that the world is going to come to an end - and perhaps any day now - does it not drain one's motivation to improve life on earth while we're here?
RE: Inspiration
It's not EXACTLY the same though is it?
Well in Christian fundamentalist theology they believe a small handful of people wrote the Bible. Those people were supposedly divinely anointed by god himself to write scripture. After the last book of the Bible was written god got tired of all that gibberish and stopped anointing people to write scripture. Everything that was not written by those supposedly divinely inspired is not really scripture.

This is why paring a book of the Bible to a specific author is so important. To "prove" that these people were divinely inspired by god himself to write scripture they (naturally) use passages in the Bible that state that these authors were divinely anointed by god. After all the Bible is so true that you can use it to prove itself true.

It's batshittery, upon battshittery, upon battshittery, rolled up in battshittery, tied up with a band of battshittery, buried in a pile of even more battshittery, dug up, cleaned up, and taught in shitty Sunday schools by batty teachers to those who like to hear battshittery.

Oh, and I forgot, the Quran and all those other books are not real or valid because none of the authors were anointed by the Christian/Jewish god to write scripture. See, problem solved. Nothing else needs to be considered. Ugh!
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

We ARE talking about the elevation of scribes amongst a population of illiterates?? Hence scripture?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
You should have used The Matrix as an example instead of IT.
lol, i just watched the movie before posting it. lol. but good point. I just don't see why they think the the bible is inspired by god, in wich they are ready to die or give their families up for. But how puff the magic dragon is not acceptable. or the lord of the rings.
Bill Maher: If you believe that the world is going to come to an end - and perhaps any day now - does it not drain one's motivation to improve life on earth while we're here?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Physics, Hindu Cosmology, God and New Age Inspiration Confused Ape 42 14452 March 20, 2014 at 4:52 am
Last Post: Confused Ape