Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 11:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gods plan is flawed as is the concept of god itself!
RE: Gods plan is flawed as is the concept of god itself!
(February 23, 2010 at 10:20 am)chatpilot Wrote: In my opinion the first flaw in gods plan was endowing man with free will, because by doing so he is setting mankind up to fail and not be able to live up to his ridiculous standards of morality (this is not very wise on the part of an all-knowing god). The bible describes original sin Genesis 2:17 as being the result of the many calamities that mankind faces today and for all the rest of his days here in this life. Gods solution was to destroy mankind and start over with the one family he considered just among men (Noahs family).
Wait, the deluge was in order to eradicate what Christians consider 'original sin'? I'm not Christian myself, but I'm pretty sure that's incorrect.

Quote:But this so called solution is flawed in that if what the bible teaches about sin being inherent in us is true, then he has failed to eradicate sin and it continues to plague mankind.
No, I'm almost certain the flood wasn't to eradicate all sin in all of mankind. Where are you getting this from...?
(February 23, 2010 at 3:25 pm)Thor Wrote: It's interesting that "The Dark Ages" refers to a time when the church ruled the land, but the period when science and reason took hold is called "The Enlightenment".

Wonder why that is?Thinking
Actually, the term 'dark ages' is inaccurate. I believe "Early Middle-Ages" is the preferred term, and the Catholic Church didn't "rule the land" until some time after. In fact, in what you're calling the Dark Ages it was only the efforts of monasteries that kept much of the ancient knowledge alive.
(February 23, 2010 at 3:35 pm)Thor Wrote: Can you imagine how far we would have advanced if everyone accepted the explanation that "God did it"?

What caused the smallpox epidemic?

God did it!

Why did the volcano erupt?

God did it!

Why did lightning strike my metal weathervane?

God did it!

Why did the storm hit?

God did it!

If we just accepted this lame explanation we wouldn't have antibiotics, weather forecasting or electricity.
That's right, because the religious have never contributed anything in the realm of science...

You're really showing off your horrible understanding of history.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gods plan is flawed as is the concept of god itself! - by Alex - February 23, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The concept of atonement Foxaèr 11 1569 November 26, 2022 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar Woah0 41 3299 August 27, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 21490 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5345 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2524 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 11421 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2063 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3726 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 64367 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Will God's plan destroy religion? solewatchman 31 7636 April 14, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Joods