Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 9:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gods plan is flawed as is the concept of god itself!
RE: Gods plan is flawed as is the concept of god itself!
(February 23, 2010 at 1:12 pm)Thor Wrote: It always cracks me up when religious idiots want to talk about "God's plan". Yes! Everything that happens is part of "God's plan". A child gets cancer and it's somehow part of "God's plan!".
You clearly don't understand what 'God's plan' means. Stop listening to the so-called religious idiots and go talk to someone who actually know their shit.

Quote:Well, let's assume they're right. If this is true, then when someone has a heart attack, it's part of "God's plan". In this case, aren't you thwarting "God's plan" if you take a heart attack victim to the hospital? Maybe "God" wants that person to die, and by getting medical care you've prevented that. You have gone against "God's plan'! You could even say that if your eyes are bad, it is because of "God''s plan". So, by wearing eyeglasses, aren't you thwarting this "plan"?
No. Just no. I could go into so many reasons why this argument is idiotic, but really I don't even feel like I need to. God's 'plan' does not include events whatsoever, and it certainly does not disallow the treatment of people in need of medical care! If that were the case, we probably wouldn't even have medical care to begin with, let alone the capability to help hear tattack patients survive.

Quote:Maybe there's some reason (a reason that, as mere stupid mortals, we couldn't POSSIBLY comprehend) that "God" gave you bad eyesight! By wearing glasses you are preventing his "plan" from going forward!
You can not pevent God's 'plan' from going forward, it already has, and it always will. This is brainless entirely.

Quote:So, if you truly believe in "God's plan", you shouldn't ever go to a doctor or seek medical attention.

Haha, wow.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gods plan is flawed as is the concept of god itself! - by Watson - February 25, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The concept of atonement Foxaèr 11 1606 November 26, 2022 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar Woah0 41 3363 August 27, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 21685 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5395 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2563 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 11508 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2081 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3769 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 64857 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Will God's plan destroy religion? solewatchman 31 7684 April 14, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Joods