Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 7:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is not a person, just a thermodynamically inefficient process.
God is not a person, just a thermodynamically inefficient process.
Psalm 14:1 says I'm a fool because I believe that the concept of God is idiotic. Christians and Muslims bring up the "watch" argument stating that, if a hand-watch was created by a human, what tells us that a person, aka. God, has not created the Universe?

To the argument that the watch was created, I disagree, my Christian and Muslim brothers are playing with words. The watch was not created, it was transformed, which involved process, not creation. And the process is well defined, in fact, if you go to Rolex factory, they have machinery and workers that follow a procedure.

Assuming God created the Universe, we can't help but to look at the process. Comparing the process of making a Rolex watch to the process by which this Universe was created is like comparing sharp-shooting methodology to "spraying and praying" type of shooting. Life in our Universe is in far too rare for it to qualify as God's main goal, if there even is a God and if he even had such thing as a goal. In fact, life looks like a minuscule by-product.

Furthermore, the process by which life was obtained is random and is by far the worst process you could think of to create life. First of all, it takes too long, second, it's energetically inefficient, with a thermodynamical efficiency approaching 10^-500 given that all stars burn for nothing without creating life and the Sun being a minuscule exception to the rule. All we know for sure, as we read from the microwave background radiation is that there was an explosion and life is a tiny by-product of that explosion.

Question is, what fool of a God would waste so much time and energy to create us if he was an all-knowing person. All that would be required is some incubators in which to clone a few million humans, terraform a planet, put them there and that's it!

Our technology is close to reaching a point where, with fusion reactors we could actually terraform Mars. Since God took 4 billion years to terraform Earth, if we beat that record and terraform Mars in less time, we are greater than God are we not? If we can do God's work, in less time and requiring 10^500 less energy, who is God? Except us? Our process will far exceed God's process, which is nothing but randomness, spray and pray and non-sense: minuscule probabilities of things to occur.
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
God is not a person, just a thermodynamically inefficient process. - by Ksa - December 20, 2013 at 11:08 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Every person is religious Ahriman 289 14211 November 2, 2023 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: no one
  just another god hypothetical ... ignoramus 55 8601 July 14, 2021 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 10431 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  You can be an immorale person and still promote christianity Kimba 12 1901 June 30, 2018 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  I am a better person than God! chimp3 56 10669 May 24, 2018 at 1:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Why is Kim Jong-un just like God. ignoramus 3 1622 July 11, 2017 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 17 3913 November 29, 2016 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 18 4082 November 28, 2016 at 8:56 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Do people hate the actual belief in God, or just the religious organizations? goombah111 101 26195 November 14, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: goombah111
  Even if you choose not to believe in god, you’re actually believing in god Blueyedlion 160 16546 June 5, 2016 at 6:07 am
Last Post: robvalue