Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 4:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will
RE: A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will
(November 19, 2023 at 4:35 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(November 19, 2023 at 4:21 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: First, in this case, "Um" being used by me was not intended as a snarky response. Also, I am not getting "pissy", nor was I really blaming anyone. That said...

Fair enough.

(November 19, 2023 at 4:21 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: Where have you been? Others here have shown to not believe in free will, so what makes me special? With that, I do not think you can call my posts biases, let alone assumptions.

I've addressed others besides you. You yourself mentioned my disagreement with Bucky.

(November 19, 2023 at 4:21 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: Thirdly, I doubt you would be able to see the reasoning behind anything I link to as evidence, and just continue to be agnostic towards it for the sake of it. That is why I do not see any reason to go ahead and link it to you, let alone continue this.

Masking the refusal to present any evidence with a personal attack and poisoning the well. Don't think it ain't noticed.

(November 19, 2023 at 4:21 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: Next time, try controlling any desire to comment you may have, as in suppressing it. You might try to start unwanted trouble, otherwise. 

I'll let you know when I want your advice on posting. I don't try to start trouble and much prefer to disagree agreeably. But hey, insinuations, a refusal to present support for your bald claims often elicit rudeness from those who cannot answer the questions reasonably.

In the meantime, this advice of yours reads simply as a very verbose and convoluted "shut up!"

(November 19, 2023 at 4:21 pm)ShinyCrystals Wrote: I do not see a need to do what you ask me, knowing what will happen, so I am done with you here. No further statements.

"That which may be claimed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" ... or serious consideration.

Be advised, I will still reply when and as I see fit, here and elsewhere, your desire to shut up dissenting voices aside.

Hey everyone, did you notice something? I thought I heard something, but I am not sure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will - by ShinyCrystals - November 19, 2023 at 4:42 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1167 85372 2 hours ago
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 746 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 674 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Isn’t pantheism the same thing as atheism? Ferrocyanide 177 11614 January 1, 2022 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  forbidding people to love each other Fake Messiah 210 24898 September 16, 2021 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3876 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists? Ferrocyanide 95 7348 April 26, 2021 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 21643 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Religious people in the medical field Foxaèr 35 7171 November 11, 2018 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 36 5115 July 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose