Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 2:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few points of conflict with Jackie L's (Eilonnwy) article.
RE: A few points of conflict with Jackie L's (Eilonnwy) article.
I'll revive this thread for the sake of two comments I read on her page which had me rolling:

http://www.examiner.com/atheism-in-bosto...t-the-door

fallacy abounds']Really misguided and insulting. As a young, black American male, I find your writing to be clear evidence of your own lack of understanding of this complex issue. Furthermore, your responses to commenters have been fairly rude, so I'm not going to get sucked into this. I'd just like to say one thing: you're trivializing the struggles I've had socially by equating/linking them to my spiritual/intellectual struggles. You're wrong, and the way you speak of race smacks of racism. For every time you've told someone on this forum you don't get it", I'd like to give you one back:

"WHITE GIRL YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ME"
[/quote Wrote:
and another:

[quote="ANON"]
Feminist diatribes, this one being no exception, are so often blatantly self-loathing and hypocritical. You call out others on their discriminatory practices through blanket statements, stereotypes, vacuous emotional pleas and ad hominem attacks. You make a futile attempt to portray yourself as taking the moral high ground, while never delving beyond a cursory look at your own privilege, or how this privilege affords you the opportunity to write what you do. The term "privilege" is a tool of the left, used almost exclusively to berate white men--the same color men who crafted the Western Civilization you cherish--and the same who now tolerate your drivel. Circumstantial advantages are contextual, and only an idiot would "check" such advantages. You are angry because you perceive in yourself a lack of such advantage and wish to possess it for yourself. The ironic thing is that you devalue this privilege while directly benefiting from it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few points of conflict with Jackie L's (Eilonnwy) article. - by tavarish - December 4, 2010 at 12:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bullshit "I'm an atheist but atheism is evil" article in the Grauniad boils my blood GUBU 13 2071 March 30, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pathos article atheists can identify with. Brian37 6 2227 September 19, 2017 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why science and religious fatih need not be in conflict: It's as easy as 1-2-3! Whateverist 123 37629 May 15, 2017 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why Science and religious faith are in conflict. Jehanne 28 7910 May 1, 2017 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Good Wikipedia article on the History of Atheism. Jehanne 6 1680 April 5, 2017 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Why God is scientifically redefinable (an atheist article snippet) MadaraUchihuh 4 1434 March 10, 2017 at 9:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are humans Gods? (article by an atheist) ChoklateWolfy 21 3998 March 2, 2017 at 10:11 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 4824 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  2014 article in online science journal: "Atheists Might Not Exist" Whateverist 15 4135 July 4, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Science and Religion not in direct conflict? maestroanth 26 5315 December 31, 2015 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37